BBSHD on 72V 50A controller?

SwampDonkey

100 W
Howdy!

Im starting a build for a friend of mine who both wants a little more power from their BBSHD, and had an unfortunate accident that severely damaged their Befeng quipped bike.

I tend to build around 72V controllers, but typically use Cyclone mid drives on my personal bikes.

Anyhow, have any of you run 72V through an external controller on a BBSHD?

Could this damage the motor?

Will this thing handle 1500W? How about a Cyclone stock controller pushing close to 3000W?

1500w continuous will damage bbshd/03

short bursts usually don’t

unless too many bursts

non-sinewave controller will sound like engraver

With precautions 1500W/72V could be ok, but don't use that godawful cyclone controller. Not only will it sound loud, it will transmit a nasty vibration up the seat post that will make your private parts go numb after a while. I'm not a doctor but I don't think that's good.

It will need to be ridden with some mechanical sympathy, no top gear full throttle starts. If your friend is the type of idiot that breaks things all the time and has no idea how to fix them because he has no idea how they work, then you shouldn't soup up his BBSHD.

72V should pose no issues in and of itself and should be better for the motor at a given power level (lower current for same power)

Like others are saying maximum continuous power is what you need to watch

Tommm said:
50a is too much. 72v 30a or 35a will last much longer.
A 50A controller just means that's the most **it** can handle.

Easily limit the motor amps to much less, no problem

Back