Shopping list for ebike kit

E-HP said:
Newboy said:
Am I forgetting something here?
  • A gear sensor for the group
  • 2x sensor cable for hydraulic brake
  • Zip locks

Do I need some 2:1 cable splitter or maybe and extension cable for the hydraulic sensors that are 55cm in length?

Are the zip locks for storing extra parts?

I think they meant zipties, or are you being flippant? :lol:

OP, depends which sensors you bought. one set I bought had very long cables, other one short cables as they were designed to go into the LCD. As long as they are the same as the ones in the kit (length wise) then it'll be fine.

Also the best way to install those sensors is like this: https://imgur.com/a/9RBftkP with the magnet there beside it.

Aquakitty said:
E-HP said:
Newboy said:
Am I forgetting something here?
  • A gear sensor for the group
  • 2x sensor cable for hydraulic brake
  • Zip locks

Do I need some 2:1 cable splitter or maybe and extension cable for the hydraulic sensors that are 55cm in length?

Are the zip locks for storing extra parts?

I think they meant zipties, or are you being flippant? :lol:

OP, depends which sensors you bought. one set I bought had very long cables, other one short cables as they were designed to go into the LCD. As long as they are the same as the ones in the kit (length wise) then it'll be fine.

Also the best way to install those sensors is like this: https://imgur.com/a/9RBftkP with the magnet there beside it.

Thanks. Zip ties. Gosh yes. 😁 Sorry. English is my third language.

I noticed most installers glue those sensors on though. The rev bikes tutorials on YT are a great help.

It seems that when installing two brake sensors and one gear sensor you'll need an 2:1 cable. Right?

Thanks guys!

Newboy said:

Looks like you only need a length that reaches the stock Bafang harness; or you could use the cables that come with the kit (cut off the the existing levers), and graft them to your new sensors.

Back