cyclone 3000 maintenance

Secular

1 mW
I have about 3300km on this motor and I'm wondering what I need to do for maintenance. I figured at the very least the grease in the planetary gears needs to be topped up but I'm not sure what type of grease to use. Anything else need to be changed or looked at?

Thanks.

You could clean the gears and re-grease it with mobiltemp shc 100. Also open the motor side and see if there are iron shavings on the bottom, I had (not sure from where). Clear them out and see if the bearing is smooth and if you have blackened phase wires.

No your grease does not need to be topped up.

Make sure everything is still tight. Clean the clamp and ensure it's tight as well. Check the bottom bracket and pedals. Set screw on the motor sprocket. Measure chain wear and put new chains on if you're feeling fancy. How worn are the sprockets? If they're too worn, they will wear your replacement chains quickly.

Take the back wheel off to clean the cassette and clean the freewheel out then re-lube with some oil.

Thank you for the responses. I think I'll open it up and see how it looks. Good to know I shouldn't need to do much.

Back