PAS Sensor for Schlumpf, Efneo, etc.?

BearESmith

1 mW
I'm installing a geared hub motor on my trike and looking to both clean up the chainline and possibly increase my gear inches, as they say, especially on the top end.
What I'm asking of the collective knowledge base is whether or not anyone has adapted a GrinTech PAS_24 (or the PAS_12 for that matter) sensor to a Schlumph front drive. Failing that, how about an Efneo drive?
When you get to the Pinions, it's too rich for my blood anyway, so a moot point. Thanks in advance for any insights you might be willing to provide.
Grazzi.
-Da Bear

As long as there is a place you can mount the sensor to on the frame on either side of the cranks (left or right), where it will be able to read the magnets as they pass, any cadence sensor will work.

If you can't direclty mount the magnet ring on the cranks, you can either make your own ring or modify the existing one, and secure that to whatever part of the cranks it will fit to, or glue the magnets individually to a chainring, etc. You may have to make your own bracket to put the sensor near enough to the path of the magnets.

How did this project go?

Sidetracked with other issues on the same trike....as of today's date.

I've gone back to the core of the system and am looking at the issues keeping it from running and the process of elimination is taking some time. Replacing components with known-good units and retesting, etc. to diagnose but I believe that I've got a defective hub motor which I'll have to return/replace/exchange/swap out (pick one).

I endeavor to persevere.

Back