BBS01 error 07h, but not when I brake

Vixsiuol

10 µW
Hello,

I have a bit a weird problem. My bike tells me the battery voltage is too high (07h) - which it definately isn't. But when the controller gets a brake signal, suddenly there's no problem any more - untill I release the brake/jumper wire. I checked the battery (under load), display and cabling. The extension cable towards the display seemed a bit crushed but if I connect the display directly at the motor block, I still have the same problem, - haven't taken out the controller yet.

Motor/controller: BBS01 - ns06 v2.5 V.2.X.B.2 36V max 20A
display: C965 (v5.0)

Does anybody know right away whether the problem will be the motor or the controller - or perhaps whether it is a known issue with a firmware fix? (I can find something about an over voltage problem but it's all about 52V)

Oh, yeah: the motor symbol is blinking, which should happen when there's an error, but the outline of the battery symbol blinks too, I don't know whether this is normal.

thanks in advance for any tips

First tip would be to describe your battery, in some detail.

Second would be that 30 years of troubleshooting experience tells me that whenever a user reports a problem, which they have been unable to solve, and they state that "X" can't possibly be the problem, I should immediately focus on "X" as having a very high probability of being the problem.

Give specs on the battery, and carefully examine the programmed voltage specs on your display.

These would be to answer the basic questions of " What voltage is TOO HIGH?", and also "What voltage is ACTUALLY PRESENT?"

Also, the brake behavior is expected and normal in such situations.

Be prepared to contact your vendor for warranty replacement parts, assuming it is fairly new, the battery and motor was supplied by the same vendor, and the battery has not been replaced, I have to guess at the nature of this unsupplied but vitally important information, because it was left out of the problem report.

I would refrain from any detailed disassembly until the vendor has been contacted and specific written permission obtained which states that the warranty will remain valid.

Back