New Torque sensing mid drive

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, don´t seem to bring anything new compared to TSDZ2 - in fact is even worst as there are not on sell repair parts like on TSDZ2, where we can buy almost every part at unit.

The motor looks a lot bigger.So I guess much bigger stator rotor.And possible much more solid build.From what I read I get the impression the tsdz2 motor is not very high quality and not very torquey

I hope Shengyi has improved it's torque sensing system by now.
The sensor in older Shengyi middrives was really poor.

[youtube]dMC7LdSACzk[/youtube]

index.php

regards
stancecoke

This Shengyi torque sensing mid drive seems work fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=Bb-78zu7InI&feature=emb_logo

hm, this is only bla bla... no objective technical information :wink:

regards
stancecoke

john61ct said:
could the FOSS software work on this one?
No, unless someone start from scratch the development. As this motor has only disadvantages compared to TSDZ2, I think would not be a good idea to develop firmware for this motor. The best bet is to use instead the TSDZ2, that should be way better when running our OpenSource firmware, than this motor. See here: https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki

casainho said:
As this motor has only disadvantages compared to TSDZ2, I think would not be a good idea to develop firmware for this motor.
Sorry I was not aware this model had already been proven inferior, could you link to the thread(s)?

casainho said:
No, unless someone start from scratch the development.
Too bad was hoping the electronics had been cloned.

I'm specifically looking for more power, climbing long steep hills at low speed with very heavy loads.

john61ct said:
casainho said:
As this motor has only disadvantages compared to TSDZ2, I think would not be a good idea to develop firmware for this motor.
Sorry I was not aware this model had already been proven inferior, could you link to the thread(s)?

Both motors seem to have the same max power, but on TSDZ2 you can install the motor temperature sensor and have high power boosts, while the temperature sensor protects the motor.

That is easy to justify:
- there are no repair parts available for maintenance while on TSDZ2 you can find almost every part and from many sources, at a very cheap prices
- TSDZ2 has a LOT of information, like Youtube videos and our wiki
- TSDZ2 has our own OpenSource firmware that provides higher torque and more battery range. Also, has many advanced features that are usually only available on expensive motors from big brands
- TSDZ2 has modern displays running our OpenSource firmware, like the 850C big color display with time/clock and USB charger, as also SW102 that is small and has Bluetooth

john61ct said:
Yes of course I'm aware of all that. My question was, on what evidence are you basing this
casainho said:
Both motors seem to have the same max power

?
Based on the specifications from the manufacturer.

what spseifictions? There is no specification about the torque or the controller.This motor is much bigger than tsdz2.Also you know nothing about the quality.And this motor is new,so spare parts maight be avaliable later

1boris said:
what spseifictions? There is no specification about the torque or the controller.This motor is much bigger than tsdz2.Also you know nothing about the quality.And this motor is new,so spare parts maight be avaliable later
The manufacturer specifications says it is a 350W at 48V.

All this mid drive motors need maintenance, so, there is the need to buy parts.

I am referring to current information available and not extrapolating things that may or may not happen.

NexusG said:
1boris said:
This motor is much bigger than tsdz2

That's not obvious, judging by the picture

it easy to see here.this is an earlier model with 60nm and cadence sensor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDNMb1dq270

I've contacted Shengyi some months ago, and they told me that this motor wasn't equiped with a torque sensor (as written on their website) but well with a cadence sensor. It was the same reference than the one mentionned by psw (CMT06).

I'd try one 48v if I was sure it has a torque sensor. The tsdz2 is too weak for me, and I don't like the BBS02. But in the end I think I will sell everything and go back with a Bosch mid-drive :p

Back