Frey CC ordered!

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
Pauldugie   100 µW

100 µW

Re: Frey CC ordered!

Post by Pauldugie » Feb 17 2020 11:50am

I’m glad that you’re enjoying your bike. It sounds like you might have forgotten to keep your inside pedal up if you’re getting pedal strikes on turns. I think your bike comes with standard 170mm cranks which is probably the correct length for a commuter bike. I know some MTB riders go as low as 150mm due to the increased possibility of pedal strikes on rough terrain. I’m getting an AM1000 and I’ll probably keep my pedals in a neutral position and use the throttle during sticky uphill climbs.
I hope that Frey does a thorough check to make sure all parts are included in the shipment. You shouldn’t be missing bolts when you put your bike together. We all want to ride the day our bikes are delivered, not wait for another shipment from China.
I think it was you that ordered the really nice green colored bike. Was there an upcharge was for the color change and did you pick it from YS paint catalog that was posted? I’m thinking of ordering an EX model for my wife because she would prefer a concealed battery and I’d like to choose a blue-green color from the catalog similar to the one on the new Specialized turbo Levo. If Frey allows this it would be a great marketing tool as it would offer a level of customization no name brand bike manufacturer has.
I saw a notice on the Alibaba site that shipping may be affected by the corona virus so I’m hoping that those of us who ordered since the outbreak get our bikes without delays.
Please let us know how your bike handles if you take it off road and enjoy your rides.

eggbert   1 mW

1 mW

Post by eggbert » Feb 18 2020 12:11am

Pauldugie - there was no upcharge for the paint, I just mentioned that I had seen a nice bronze coloured bike in one of their promotional materials and asked if they could do other colours.
I won't really be doing much if any trail riding. My area is fairly flat, and the only trails around seem to be mosquito infested swamp areas which hold no fun for me at all.
As for the pedals, I'm pretty sure it was a user induced issue.

Pauldugie   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Pauldugie » Feb 19 2020 9:32am

Sorry to hear you don’t have good trails in your area. You mentioned flat land, swamps, and mosquitoes. I don’t know where you live but it sounds a lot like Florida. I’m fortunate to have many good trails in my area in upstate New York and I found quite a few using the All Trails app which I highly recommend. In the U.S. all National parks were opened to ebikes last August and I don’t think it will be long before they are allowed anywhere regular bikes can go. There is no greener technology than an ebike and advocacy groups are getting politicians to finally listen. The Bafang Ultra motor may be above the current U.S. legal 750 watt limit but I doubt anyone will notice. I think the European 25km/h speed restriction is ridiculously low and hard to justify especially for commuter ebikes. I hope you aren’t as restricted in your area or get hassled for throttling down the road at 30+ mph. Have fun!

eggbert   1 mW

1 mW

Post by eggbert » Feb 20 2020 3:07am

I'm in Northern Australia, approximately 12 degrees from the equator (around the same as parts of Nicaragua, Columbia or Venezuela), where the maximum heat of every single day of the year is better 30 - 32 degrees C (86-90f)
Unfortunately the same rules apply as in Europe, but I think our city is small enough (125k people) that awareness of larger powered bikes is not an issue. In fact I recently had an officer, who was riding a Segway at the time, compliment the bike!

eggbert   1 mW

1 mW

Post by eggbert » Mar 12 2020 5:36am

2 months in to ownership, couple of hundred kms in, and while I'm impressed with the bike as a whole, I'm not so pleased about some of the nuts and bolts used to put the bike together which are starting to show a fair bit of surface rust even though they've never seen mud or rain!

Pauldugie   100 µW

100 µW

Post by Pauldugie » Mar 12 2020 12:45pm

That’s too bad. I would have thought they would use stainless steel screws and bolts to assemble the bike. Did you mention the situation to Frey? If you send pictures to them, they may send you replacement parts of higher quality. You do have a full 2 year warranty so I’d expect them to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. Simon will probably be able to give you some feedback as well.
My bikes are still in production and probably won’t ship out until late April at the earliest. The USA is now in full panic mode after the WHO declared a pandemic. Trump just suspended flights from Europe last night excluding the U.K. and our universities are switching to online classes only. I’m canceling all my tennis activities until the threat is over and all public sporting events that haven’t been canceled will be played without fans in the stands. Biking is probably the safest exercise I can do for a while and I’m stuck with my ancient acoustic bikes until probably early June. Ugh.
Good luck with resolving your rusty bolts issue and please post if Frey corrects the situation.

speedsix   100 µW

100 µW

Post by speedsix » Mar 12 2020 3:29pm

Pauldugie wrote:
Mar 12 2020 12:45pm
That’s too bad. I would have thought they would use stainless steel screws and bolts to assemble the bike. Did you mention the situation to Frey? If you send pictures to them, they may send you replacement parts of higher quality. You do have a full 2 year warranty so I’d expect them to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. Simon will probably be able to give you some feedback as well.
My bikes are still in production and probably won’t ship out until late April at the earliest. The USA is now in full panic mode after the WHO declared a pandemic. Trump just suspended flights from Europe last night excluding the U.K. and our universities are switching to online classes only. I’m canceling all my tennis activities until the threat is over and all public sporting events that haven’t been canceled will be played without fans in the stands. Biking is probably the safest exercise I can do for a while and I’m stuck with my ancient acoustic bikes until probably early June. Ugh.
Good luck with resolving your rusty bolts issue and please post if Frey corrects the situation.
Does anyone know how long is the Frey bike warranty? 12 or 24 months?
Because I read in different posts two years... But Grace says me 12 months

wiRider   100 µW

100 µW

Post by wiRider » Mar 14 2020 7:42am

eggbert wrote:
Mar 12 2020 5:36am
2 months in to ownership, couple of hundred kms in, and while I'm impressed with the bike as a whole, I'm not so pleased about some of the nuts and bolts used to put the bike together which are starting to show a fair bit of surface rust even though they've never seen mud or rain!
What is your experience with range? How do you like the full suspension?

FREYebikes   100 W

100 W

Post by FREYebikes » Mar 19 2020 10:03pm

Hi,

Have you reported with us what nuts and bolts show bit of surface rust as you mentioned?
we have not got any feedback about this point before. please contact with us directly so you can learn what you are talking about it.
Thank you for your kind understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,
Ivy Wang
eggbert wrote:
Mar 12 2020 5:36am