Will a BBSHD interfere with an ISCG-05 chain guide mount?

oatnet

1 MW
I've been contemplating another BBS build, but noticed the frame has an integrated ISCG-05 chain guide mount which I'm pretty sure will interfere with the BBS HD's motor can. My searches are not turning up much data, has anyone run into this and what did they have to do?

Assuming it does interfere, I'm wondering if grinding away the flange between the two lower mounting points will give enough clearance, or if I have to take out one of the mounting points too. I hate to cut anything on this frame so I'm trying to figure out how much damage I'd have to do to electrify it.

-JD

38EA26B6-294D-4CE8-A6F9-2AE3DC13B3C8.jpeg

Hi JD - did you end up trying this out? And if so,
any wisdom to share? I’m considering switching my BBSHD over to a Brand-X HT-01 hardtail frame, but the HT-01 has the same ISCG 05 tabs as you were worried about. Hard to find info out there about BBSHD compatibility with ISCG tabs! Hope you found a solution. -Jake

Hi Jake!

I searched a lot but never found info so I never tried it. If you try it, please let me know! :D

-JD

You will have the cut / grind off the tab at the four o clock position for the motor to slide over.

I cut it with dremmel and filed it flat, it’s likely aluminium so a two min job :)

Thanks Magsy!

Good to know. Easy enough to cut, but a permanent change.

-JD

Back