Displays for bafang ultra drive

cvin

10 W
I have the DPC 18 on my bike and do not like the five levels of green pedal assist and five levels of red/sport and I’m wondering if which displays I can change and put on here, what do you guys have on the frey bikes or others?

I have bought a Bafang 500c to replace the one that comes with the Frey.

Small, color display, integrated buttons, don't like the whole smartphone look on the handlebars thing.

Tjeska said:

Small, color display, integrated buttons, don't like the whole smartphone look on the handlebars thing.

Do you still have the throttle with that setup?

Have you looked at the Eggrider display. You can then also program your controller.

I have the EggRider and want to use it for programming but want the big display for actual riding

The problem I have is the DPC 18 that came on my ultra bike has five levels of eco and five levels of sport Instead of the PAS settings that do three, five or nine

so any programming I do is difficult because I don’t have a regular nine levels pedal assist like all the other bafang displays I have seen and owned

From What I can tell there are three different software‘s with three different manuals that go with this display and they are all different

If you are going to run the motor stock and not change it any the one with eco and sport may be fine but if you are going to do any programming I would get one that does the three, six, nine level pas options

wiRider said:
Tjeska said:

Do you still have the throttle with that setup?

Don't have the bike, tomorrow I will, will get back to you then.
Frey uses the DPC-18 as stock.

When u get it is please let me know if the stock dpc-18 unit on it uses 5 eco and sport modes or 9 levels of pas

Thank you

Mine (DPC 18)has 5 but the instructions all say it should have 9 and even the youtube videos with people displaying them it shows a setting in there menu that I am missing in mine.

FYI do you also know there are 2 different versions of the DPC 18. (DPC 18 UART which has Eco&Sport mode) then the (DPC 18 made by EVELO) I have both manuals if anyone want them let me know I do not know if I can attach them to my post

Update ???? Does anyone know what the difference between the Sport & Eco mode do because I can NOT tell the difference between them at all even if there set to default programming.

I also found another thread saying this one guy figured out how to program the ultra with the 5 pass mode DPC 18 to work similar to the same functions as the BBSHD I am going to try it tomorrow and update later on with my findings.

here are the bikes I am working on BBSHD I have had for 5 years now and still working great and the other is the Ultra 1000w
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I finialy figured it out all the testing and reprogramming I have been doing MOST only work in SPORT mode and Now I got it to work almost just like a BBSHD and NOW I am liking this bike even more it responds at the time I want it to and to how much pressure is set on the peddles and also enabled the throttle in pedal assist 0 ( PS: if you use pedal assists 0 ) then program it right in reality you have 6 pedal assists so all is good now.
**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

My wattwagon has the one with eco and sport and I want the other one with 9 levels....
Trying to find a source for the dcp-18 with the 9 level pas settings

I found 3 different manuals I think...
Eco/sport
3/6/9 level
And think I saw one more with a different advanced setting page than these two...

Luna sells the 9 PAS version but states it "Does not work with Bafang Ultra. For Ultra, you need a different display specially built for it".

https://electricbike.com/forum/forum/knowledge-base/motors-and-kits/bbshd/45575-dpc-18-display-documentation

Not sure but it seems the 9 PAS version of the display is programmed for motors without torque sensing. The "MAX" version of the DPC-18 (presumably for the Bafang MAX and Ultra drives with torque sensing) are programmed with the eco/sport mode.

Just conjecture on my part. I am still waiting for my CC from FREY.

Interesting, you think that Evelo bike with the ultra motor is set up for cadence only?

This is really annoying, the ecosport does not match up easily to the software to do any programming, what the hell was bafang thinking

As much as I would like to use the bafang motors I hope somebody comes along and builds good mid drives with throttle and blows bafang out of the water because this kind of stuff is just stupid and the lack of long-term support on parts and motors is just stupid

Not sure which Evelo display you are referring to. Court has a video reviewing the DPC18 display on an Evelo Delta X (BBS02 mid-drive) in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ81U4i-1LQ

Which again confirms my suspicion that the BBSxx and Ultra/Max use DPC18 with different programming. It may have nothing to do with torque sensing but something else that is different in the motors. Shrug. I seriously doubt Evelo is making their own version of the DPC18.

Also note FLX offeres a specific version of the DPC18 color display for the Blade (Ultra motor):

https://flx.bike/collections/components/products/lcd-display-dz-multi

Thanks Tom I did not realize that evelo delta display was on a bbs02 motor... thought that bike had an ultra

Maybe you are right and none of the ultra dcp-18 displays have anything other than eco and sport
Super disappointing
I may use the egg rider so I can program and use a garmin 276 cx for everything else
Maybe someone can do some charts etc on the ultra dcp18 display

Or according to Karl all the bbs displays work with the ultra , so may just swap over to one of the others even if it does not show as much stuff on it

Cool, thanks for the chart

But I don’t think this is the same for eco and sport
They would have to be different

Anybody have an idea where to get the evelo dcp-18 display? I am doubting they will sell me one

Have a feeling that after karl tested all those displays and they worked with the ultra that this one would work the ultra also

This whole thing is weird and annoying and seems maybe like a lousy marketing ploy to make everyone get this display to go with an ultra motor and maybe discourage programming...

I am willing to pay for an evelo and see what it does
I just need 9 levels pas and 52 volt compatibility

Why not just order it from luna? I'm pretty sure Evelo is using the same BBSxx version since they don't have any bikes with Ultra motors.

https://lunacycle.com/luna-full-color-display-dpc-18-for-the-bbs02-and-bbshd/

cvin said:
I am willing to pay for an evelo and see what it does
I just need 9 levels pas and 52 volt compatibility

You can change the PAS levels in the displays menu same with the voltage.
Used the 500c now for a few days, really like it.
Works with the throttle, but I removed that from my bike, don't understand why I would use a throttle when you have torque sensing.

You cannot change the pas levels on the dcp-18 unless you have one with different software like evelo has for their bbs02

Luna shows that display out of stock...
The dcp-18 being sold for the ultra bikes only has 5 levels pas and it is split some weird way with eco 5 levels and sport 5 levels

Tjeska where did you get your original big display?

Luna is out of stock on the dcp-18 but also told me they have no displays that work with the ultra right now
i ask about the 850 i think and they said it will not work with the ultra motor?

Some interesting info here and here regarding the different versions. Eunorau claims to offer the version without sport/eco. Good luck.

Well this verifies I am not crazy and not the only one hating this display

Thanks so much for these links!

Will try to order one from eunorau

Hi Cvin
Display 850 C works well with Bafang Ultra. After programming to 9 PAS with program cable display 850 is better. With 52V battery it is need to set capacity for voltage, not %.

I think 850c is the one I ask Luna about and they said it would not work with the ultra, so weird they would be wrong about that, would think they want to make money....

But from what I can tell a lot of the displays work fine with the ultra

I ordered dcp18 from euronau that should be the one with and will update when it gets here that it has the 9 levels pas

Back