750w bafang mid drive pulsing

Trykit

1 µW
My mid drive motor pulses whe pedalling. The power meter also shows the power coming in and off. This is really annoying especially when climbing as it upsets pedaling rhythm. If I use the thumb throttle it is smooth and no problem. It has done it from new but seems to be getting worse. The bike has done around 850 miles the motor is not used all the time.
It has also started to knock at pedal speed. The knock stops when the power is off.
Any ideas as to what is the problem?

sounds to me like you need to change the programming. You need to see where your motor is comming on cadencewise, and also what the cadence cutoff is.

sounds to me like you need to change the programming. You need to see where your motor is comming on cadencewise, and also what the cadence cutoff is. what program is loaded? Mine did it a bit with the stock programming, stopped with the limitless

I haven't a clue how to do that. Or what to change it to.
I will be looking inside sometime to see if I can find the cause of the knock at pedaling speed.

This bbs02 750w motor is fitted to a tandem tricycle
I put the bike on a stand today and turned the pedals by hand in various power settings, and used the rear brake to give some resistance. What seems be be happening is that the motor actually cuts in and out randomly. When it cuts out the red light on the speed sensor goes out as well. It happens quite quickly like switching a light of and on again repeatedly at odd intervals.
The motor is stock with no alteration to the controller. It was fine up until a couple of weeks ago. So I am lost as to what is wrong with it.
I also have a 350w bbs02 fitted to a bike and that works perfectly well.

Back