Cyclone 3000 controller options

endrew

10 W
I think it would be great if we use this thread to gather information regarding Cyclone 3000 controller options, since it seems to not work with some controllers (such as Phaserunner)

Here are my two cents:
1 - Stock controller works, but no current control loop, and no field weakening. I have good experience using the stock controller with Cycle Analyst to add current throttle, but it doesn't work perfectly, with initial strong Pull when the motor engages.
2 - After a lot of fine tuning I have menaged to get the motor to work with a PhaseRunner, but I get cuttoffs and errors from time to time.
3 - I heard good things about Nucular controller, but have no experience with it. Can anyone elaborate? also it is about six months waiting in pre-order.

Can anyone add his/her experience with other controllers?

Not exactly what you were asking, but I'm running the stock controller with CA v3 and Im very happy with the CA. I was initially very disappointed by the Cyclone because of the ridiculous throttle control, and it didnt work at all for single track riding like I wanted to use it for. Snapping chains and sprockets left and right... Threw a CA on it and its smooth as butter now. Is it a CA v2 or v3 you are using?

The nucular controller have a "clutch" function that is supposed to smooth keep a slight tension to the chain so when the crank freewheel re-engages after downhill or a gear-change it will be even smoother if that is what you mean. Looks pretty sweet. That is something that I miss on the CA, but its not a big problem any more, like it was with just the stock controller.

Back