TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Discussions related to motors other than hub motors.
This includes R/C motors, botttom bracket, roller and geared drives.
casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Jul 27 2021 8:53am

gfmoore wrote:
Jul 27 2021 6:48am
I'm just a bit confused about your system. I know you can configure using a smartphone and that you control the assist levels using the 850C controller and that you have an interface to Garmin. However, is it possible to use the smartphone for live data whilst riding and therefore not have to use Garmin etc or in my case a Karoo?
Yes, you can use only the mobile app: https://opensourceebike.github.io/andro ... ation.html

Seems Karoo 2 does not support ANT LEV Ebike, although supports other ANT+ devices. Maybe someone could try implement on the firmware, that ANT+ bicycle power and cadence profiles:

Image
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Jul 29 2021 6:05pm

Last TSDZ2 wireless controller I built, 2 units, they had some issues and were not working. I tested them before fill the enclosure with silicone but still in the end, both had issues. I was very frustrated because I could not repair the 2 units, because all the board and wires were full of silicone :-(

So, I decided to design both TSDZ2 wireless controller and wireless remote, to use 4 M2x6 zcrews to tighten the cover. Silicone should be used but only is small quantity only to seal the lid cover edges, so the boards can at anytime be repaired if needed. As for the wireless remote, the lid is on the back side meaning that to replace the battery, it is now easy / possible -- 3D printed enclosure for the wireless remote:

Image
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

LevelsAndMaps   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 12
Joined: Mar 17 2019 10:20am

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by LevelsAndMaps » Jul 31 2021 4:32am

This is the wildest and coolest Project you've done so far, Casainho! :bigthumb: :es: :flame:

Can we have diagrams for connecting throttle pins as well for wireless remote?
Sorry if I missed them on the "HowTo" pages

Also, as an amateur on soldering and welding, I kinda understand the schematics but I would feel more confident to see more pictures at the wire soldering phase... you convinced me I want to build this, it just seems a bit overwhelming for "the casuals"

I'll give it a try anyway, and come back here with questions as I get stuck :D
For my ease of work, I'll go for the brick buck converter first, seems less challenging than those tiny mosfets :D

Waynemarlow   10 kW

10 kW
Posts: 702
Joined: Jul 09 2016 7:22am
Location: Bucks, England

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by Waynemarlow » Jul 31 2021 2:24pm

Guys when you are building these devices I hope you are working on anti static mats and are wearing an earthed bracelet, these little devices normally are handled by set up machines and not humans full of static electricity ?

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Jul 31 2021 4:35pm

LevelsAndMaps wrote:
Jul 31 2021 4:32am
This is the wildest and coolest Project you've done so far, Casainho! :bigthumb: :es: :flame:

Can we have diagrams for connecting throttle pins as well for wireless remote?
Sorry if I missed them on the "HowTo" pages

Also, as an amateur on soldering and welding, I kinda understand the schematics but I would feel more confident to see more pictures at the wire soldering phase... you convinced me I want to build this, it just seems a bit overwhelming for "the casuals"

I'll give it a try anyway, and come back here with questions as I get stuck :D
For my ease of work, I'll go for the brick buck converter first, seems less challenging than those tiny mosfets :D
Sorry I do not have any diagram for the throttle. But it is standard ebike / electric motorcycle / electric scooter: 3 wires: GND, 5V and throttle analog signal between 0 and 5 volts.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Jul 31 2021 4:36pm

Waynemarlow wrote:
Jul 31 2021 2:24pm
Guys when you are building these devices I hope you are working on anti static mats and are wearing an earthed bracelet, these little devices normally are handled by set up machines and not humans full of static electricity ?
I am doing as if is an Arduino, that everyone do at home with no such earthed bracelet. The microcontroller NRF52840 is the same used in one Arduino version.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Aug 01 2021 6:10am

So, yesterday I took a lot of time to figure out what issues I was having because one TSDZ2 wireless board was not working... turns out I was very tired already and exchanged the UART TX and RX wires. I had to use the oscilloscope to discover that the constant "alive" signal sent by the motor controller was very small and near 5 volts, so, the wires were exchanged. But after, the system still not worked, the firmware correctly turned on/off the TSDZ2 motor controller power and the TSDZ2 wireless board was never sending any data to the UART RX line of the TSDZ2 motor controller. Finally I decided to remove the NRF52840 for a new one and the system finally started to work :D

So, lesson learned: if by mistake I exchange the UART TX and RX wires, possibly the NRF52840 will be damaged only on the UART RX line of the TSDZ2 motor controller and the system will never work.

And new enclosure, with four M2x6 screws, which makes more easy to open for repair if needed. The board button is still clickable, as the cover was designed to be flexible on the button area.
Now I will add just a small amount of silicone, mainly to seal the unit, cover the LED hole and the cable hole. I will also probably put a small amount on the wires, just to keep them in place and avoid they break with the strong vibrations while I ride my ebike:

Image

Image
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

LevelsAndMaps   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 12
Joined: Mar 17 2019 10:20am

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by LevelsAndMaps » Aug 01 2021 11:42am

casainho wrote:
Jul 31 2021 4:35pm
Sorry I do not have any diagram for the throttle. But it is standard ebike / electric motorcycle / electric scooter: 3 wires: GND, 5V and throttle analog signal between 0 and 5 volts.
What i was trying to ask: do I have to solder the trottle in the NRF52840 from the wireless remote or does the throttle still goes in a splitter, before the wireless receiver?

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Aug 01 2021 12:37pm

LevelsAndMaps wrote:
Aug 01 2021 11:42am
casainho wrote:
Jul 31 2021 4:35pm
Sorry I do not have any diagram for the throttle. But it is standard ebike / electric motorcycle / electric scooter: 3 wires: GND, 5V and throttle analog signal between 0 and 5 volts.
What i was trying to ask: do I have to solder the trottle in the NRF52840 from the wireless remote or does the throttle still goes in a splitter, before the wireless receiver?
The wireless controller does nothing to the throttle, so yes, it should go to in a splitter.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

agphil   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 17 2020 1:02pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by agphil » Aug 20 2021 4:44am

casainho wrote:
Jul 29 2021 6:05pm
Last TSDZ2 wireless controller I built, 2 units, they had some issues and were not working. I tested them before fill the enclosure with silicone but still in the end, both had issues.
...
Do you plug your wireless controller on the battery when the main battery switch is OFF? There is a risk to destroy the wireless controllers if they are hot plugged...

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Aug 20 2021 4:49am

agphil wrote:
Aug 20 2021 4:44am
casainho wrote:
Jul 29 2021 6:05pm
Last TSDZ2 wireless controller I built, 2 units, they had some issues and were not working. I tested them before fill the enclosure with silicone but still in the end, both had issues.
...
Do you plug your wireless controller on the battery when the main battery switch is OFF? There is a risk to destroy the wireless controllers if they are hot plugged...
I do not remember how I did. Do you think there is a safer way to the first connection? Even the battery connection? Because I always see a kind of strong spark when connecting the battery.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

agphil   10 mW

10 mW
Posts: 23
Joined: Jan 17 2020 1:02pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by agphil » Aug 20 2021 6:37am

casainho wrote:
Aug 20 2021 4:49am
agphil wrote:
Aug 20 2021 4:44am
casainho wrote:
Jul 29 2021 6:05pm
Last TSDZ2 wireless controller I built, 2 units, they had some issues and were not working. I tested them before fill the enclosure with silicone but still in the end, both had issues.
...
Do you plug your wireless controller on the battery when the main battery switch is OFF? There is a risk to destroy the wireless controllers if they are hot plugged...
I do not remember how I did. Do you think there is a safer way to the first connection? Even the battery connection? Because I always see a kind of strong spark when connecting the battery.
The best way is to disconnect the battery first and wait few seconds to discharge the capacitors in the TSDZ2, then connect your wireless controller, and plug the battery back. The spark is normal. The problem is when you hot plug the 2 connectors between the wireless controller and the TSDZ2. If the V.battery is on the wireless controller before TSDZ2_GND (even for few millisecond it takes to plug the 2 connectors together) the Nordic dongle can get damaged. Some protections need to be added on the wireless controller. Not sure yes what is the best way to do it.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Aug 20 2021 7:38am

agphil wrote:
Aug 20 2021 6:37am
casainho wrote:
Aug 20 2021 4:49am
agphil wrote:
Aug 20 2021 4:44am
casainho wrote:
Jul 29 2021 6:05pm
Last TSDZ2 wireless controller I built, 2 units, they had some issues and were not working. I tested them before fill the enclosure with silicone but still in the end, both had issues.
...
Do you plug your wireless controller on the battery when the main battery switch is OFF? There is a risk to destroy the wireless controllers if they are hot plugged...
I do not remember how I did. Do you think there is a safer way to the first connection? Even the battery connection? Because I always see a kind of strong spark when connecting the battery.
The best way is to disconnect the battery first and wait few seconds to discharge the capacitors in the TSDZ2, then connect your wireless controller, and plug the battery back. The spark is normal. The problem is when you hot plug the 2 connectors between the wireless controller and the TSDZ2. If the V.battery is on the wireless controller before TSDZ2_GND (even for few millisecond it takes to plug the 2 connectors together) the Nordic dongle can get damaged. Some protections need to be added on the wireless controller. Not sure yes what is the best way to do it.
So, I think is a good idea to write you suggestion on how to power up the system. Maybe add this text to the topic of testing the TSDZ2 wireless after the build process. Are you able to make a pull request with this aditions?
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Aug 20 2021 12:33pm

casainho wrote:
Aug 20 2021 7:38am
agphil wrote:
Aug 20 2021 6:37am
casainho wrote:
Aug 20 2021 4:49am
agphil wrote:
Aug 20 2021 4:44am


Do you plug your wireless controller on the battery when the main battery switch is OFF? There is a risk to destroy the wireless controllers if they are hot plugged...
I do not remember how I did. Do you think there is a safer way to the first connection? Even the battery connection? Because I always see a kind of strong spark when connecting the battery.
The best way is to disconnect the battery first and wait few seconds to discharge the capacitors in the TSDZ2, then connect your wireless controller, and plug the battery back. The spark is normal. The problem is when you hot plug the 2 connectors between the wireless controller and the TSDZ2. If the V.battery is on the wireless controller before TSDZ2_GND (even for few millisecond it takes to plug the 2 connectors together) the Nordic dongle can get damaged. Some protections need to be added on the wireless controller. Not sure yes what is the best way to do it.
So, I think is a good idea to write you suggestion on how to power up the system. Maybe add this text to the topic of testing the TSDZ2 wireless after the build process. Are you able to make a pull request with this aditions?
Thanks for the pull request!! I think the text is good. If you see anything more to improve, please send another.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

KatondaEU   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 25 2021 2:56am

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by KatondaEU » Aug 25 2021 5:30am

Hi, not sure if this has already been answered, but I didn't find it.

Can anyone with the app connect with the wireless receiver of any bike or is there some sort of security in place? I'm worried about the small chance that a user who recognizes the setup might activate or mess with my bike while I'm not around or even worse, riding it...

Thanks

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Aug 25 2021 5:33am

KatondaEU wrote:
Aug 25 2021 5:30am
Hi, not sure if this has already been answered, but I didn't find it.

Can anyone with the app connect with the wireless receiver of any bike or is there some sort of security in place? I'm worried about the small chance that a user who recognizes the setup might activate or mess with my bike while I'm not around or even worse, riding it...

Thanks
There is no security implemented.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

KatondaEU   1 µW

1 µW
Posts: 3
Joined: Aug 25 2021 2:56am

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by KatondaEU » Aug 25 2021 7:29am

casainho wrote:
Aug 25 2021 5:33am
There is no security implemented.
Thanks for the very quick reply.

Is there a plan to implement something? Like a pin perhaps that defaults to 0000 but can be changed by the user? Not sure if something like this is possible with the tech or not. Does the Specialized system employ any security?

I really like this whole concept for it's minimalism, low cost and compatibility with devices (less e-waste). I immediately thought the wireless system could be used as an electronic lock so that the motor could only be turned on with the user's phone or specific remote unless a thief was carrying around their own controller and knew exactly where to plug it in Some bike alarms function with paired devices in similar ways and some even use motion sensors. Might be way out of scope for now, but what do you think of the idea?

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Aug 25 2021 7:32am

KatondaEU wrote:
Aug 25 2021 7:29am
casainho wrote:
Aug 25 2021 5:33am
There is no security implemented.
Thanks for the very quick reply.

Is there a plan to implement something? Like a pin perhaps that defaults to 0000 but can be changed by the user? Not sure if something like this is possible with the tech or not. Does the Specialized system employ any security?

I really like this whole concept for it's minimalism, low cost and compatibility with devices (less e-waste). I immediately thought the wireless system could be used as an electronic lock so that the motor could only be turned on with the user's phone or specific remote unless a thief was carrying around their own controller and knew exactly where to plug it in Some bike alarms function with paired devices in similar ways and some even use motion sensors. Might be way out of scope for now, but what do you think of the idea?
ThAt would be great if someone is able to develop it.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

rdancer   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 10 2021 9:21am

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by rdancer » Sep 05 2021 3:23pm

rdancer wrote:Which silicones did you use, though? For reseating they hole the cables come out of the motor after installing the temp sensor
It’s the 703 silicone, according to the repair manual.

I’ve updated the wiki.

Image

kalleg   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 14
Joined: Dec 07 2017 7:35am

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by kalleg » Sep 06 2021 5:36am

I simply love this project. My current LCD5 has just broken down due to water ingress and I'm looking for a new solution. The wireless controller paired with the android app would be optimal for me. But I'm afraid it would be too big of a project to handle with my limited skills. Are there any place you can buy a finished wireless controller (Ecobikes? - site down atm), or would anyone be willing to build one for me (will pay for hours ofc). Would be a major upgrade for me, instead of buying another LCD5 and running stock (I have cable and ability to flash the motor myself).

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Sep 06 2021 6:01am

kalleg wrote:
Sep 06 2021 5:36am
I simply love this project. My current LCD5 has just broken down due to water ingress and I'm looking for a new solution. The wireless controller paired with the android app would be optimal for me. But I'm afraid it would be too big of a project to handle with my limited skills. Are there any place you can buy a finished wireless controller (Ecobikes? - site down atm), or would anyone be willing to build one for me (will pay for hours ofc). Would be a major upgrade for me, instead of buying another LCD5 and running stock (I have cable and ability to flash the motor myself).
The most simple solution would be to use the wireless controller with wired remote. You can even skip the installation of the 2 mosfets (and so leave the TSDZ2 motor controller always enabled as others seems to be doing that).
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Sep 06 2021 6:06am

casainho wrote:
Sep 06 2021 6:01am
kalleg wrote:
Sep 06 2021 5:36am
I simply love this project. My current LCD5 has just broken down due to water ingress and I'm looking for a new solution. The wireless controller paired with the android app would be optimal for me. But I'm afraid it would be too big of a project to handle with my limited skills. Are there any place you can buy a finished wireless controller (Ecobikes? - site down atm), or would anyone be willing to build one for me (will pay for hours ofc). Would be a major upgrade for me, instead of buying another LCD5 and running stock (I have cable and ability to flash the motor myself).
The most simple solution would be to use the wireless controller with wired remote. You can even skip the installation of the 2 mosfets (and so leave the TSDZ2 motor controller always enabled as others seems to be doing that).
Here the schematic for TSDZ2 wireless controller with wired remote and TSDZ2 motor controller always enabled (power on/off the battery to disabled the motor controller, if using a Smart BMS with Bluetooth on your battery, you can turn on/off the battery using the BMS app):

Image
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

kalleg   1 mW

1 mW
Posts: 14
Joined: Dec 07 2017 7:35am

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by kalleg » Sep 06 2021 6:19am

casainho wrote:
Sep 06 2021 6:01am
kalleg wrote:
Sep 06 2021 5:36am
I simply love this project. My current LCD5 has just broken down due to water ingress and I'm looking for a new solution. The wireless controller paired with the android app would be optimal for me. But I'm afraid it would be too big of a project to handle with my limited skills. Are there any place you can buy a finished wireless controller (Ecobikes? - site down atm), or would anyone be willing to build one for me (will pay for hours ofc). Would be a major upgrade for me, instead of buying another LCD5 and running stock (I have cable and ability to flash the motor myself).
The most simple solution would be to use the wireless controller with wired remote. You can even skip the installation of the 2 mosfets (and so leave the TSDZ2 motor controller always enabled as others seems to be doing that).
Would it not be even simpler just to use my android phone with the app as remote and skip the remote. I'm thinking I can more or less set and forget it. Trying to make the simplest build possible (and keep my handlebars clean)

casainho   100 GW

100 GW
Posts: 5771
Joined: Feb 14 2011 2:43pm

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by casainho » Sep 06 2021 7:51am

kalleg wrote:
Sep 06 2021 6:19am
Would it not be even simpler just to use my android phone with the app as remote and skip the remote. I'm thinking I can more or less set and forget it. Trying to make the simplest build possible (and keep my handlebars clean)
Yes, you do not need the remote at all, using the mobile app is enough.
- TSDZ2 and OpenSource EV display: 128x64 OLED display, easy to build as DIY, Bluetooth and ANT, OTA wireless updates, easy to repair and customize for other EVs.
- TSDZ2 FAQ: issues and repairs, etc
- TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware

Developer of OpenSource knowledge and technology for ebikes: OpenSource EV display, Wireless EBike standard ANT+ and Bluetooth, TSDZ2 OpenSource firmware, KT motor controllers and displays.

guihei   10 µW

10 µW
Posts: 5
Joined: May 13 2019 7:35am
Location: Lippstadt

Re: TSDZ2 EBike wireless standard (like Specialized Turbo Levo) - OpenSource

Post by guihei » Sep 24 2021 5:39am

Hello, I have problems with the DFU of the wireless controller. The flashing of the bootloader with the STLINK V2 worked and I can connect to the nRF52840 with the nRF Connect mobile app. When i start the DFU the file trancfer is displayed with the graph like in the video and ends at 100%. Then the nRF Connect mobile app disconects from the nRF52840 but nothing happens now. I can't connect to the controller with the TSDZ2 controller app and there is no Bluetooth divice with the name TSDZ2. The LED on top of the nRF52840 is all the time off, just if i press the reset button it flashes in green.

Post Reply