Ansbern ebikes thread

Trob777

1 mW
Has anyone looked into this bike?
https://m.alibaba.com/amp/product/62450541777.html

Any reason besides cost to be looking at Ansbern vs. FREY? So many pitfalls ordering direct from China and ways to get taken, FREY may not be the cheapest but you know what you are getting. I did a search for Ansbern on ES and one person here bought one of their bikes. Seemed they had some issues, not sure if they got them worked out.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=91035&p=1456089&hilit=Ansbern#p1456089

Tom said:
Any reason besides cost to be looking at Ansbern vs. FREY? So many pitfalls ordering direct from China and ways to get taken, FREY may not be the cheapest but you know what you are getting. I did a search for Ansbern on ES and one person here bought one of their bikes. Seemed they had some issues, not sure if they got them worked out.

I can’t comment regarding Frey bikes, because I’ve never worked with them. I can attest that cheap Chinese imitations of more respected bikes tend to get all the important details wrong. There will be screwed-up elements that you can’t fix. And there will be other things that you can fix, but which will eat up all the savings you thought you had realized.

I can't afford the Frey1000 with shipping and GST
the Ansbern is $2,000 cheaper with very similar components,
No one had heard about Frey until people started buying...
They have been around longer than Frey bike
Just wanted to see if anyone had given it a go?

Trob777 said:

Which components do you get for the base price of 2k USD? It seems they listed a few parts as Upgradements, which makes it difficult to compare. Let us know what they quote you for a bike and its specs.

Cheers

Forgot, Ansbern has only one frame size?!

Thank you spinningmagnets :thumb:

If you upgrade to yari fork, super deluxe rear shock, sram nx, dnm dropper post,
Maxxis tires, 17/21 battery
I think this could be a good single track light riding bike, good enough components for good price compromise,
They say they are a manufacturer not just a assemble company.
I can't afford a Frey bike,
I didn't ride hard stuff just fun stuff.
Any thoughts

Trob777 said:
If you upgrade to yari fork, super deluxe rear shock, sram nx, dnm dropper post,
Maxxis tires, 17/21 battery
I think this could be a good single track light riding bike, good enough components for good price compromise,
They say they are a manufacturer not just a assemble company.
I can't afford a Frey bike,
I didn't ride hard stuff just fun stuff.
Any thoughts

Hardcore said:
Trob777 said:

Which components do you get for the base price of 2k USD? It seems they listed a few parts as Upgradements, which makes it difficult to compare. Let us know what they quote you for a bike and its specs.

Cheers

As per members previous post, how much for the bike with your spec requirements? Can't afford a Frey yet no price comparison with the Ansbern (and you can afford a trip to China). Brake034 has already done the price comparison and the Frey is cheaper.

You mention Ansbern has been around longer than Frey - where did you find that info?

You asked if anyone had given Ansbern a go: As Tom pointed out, a member had issues with their bike and had to post in a competitor supplier [Frey's] thread to get some answers: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=91035&p=1456089&hilit=Ansbern#p1456089

It's not like this thread has many posts, so not sure why the same questions which have already been answered.

That was a Frey hard tale bike
I want dual suspension.

One small problem from one customer it not much of a test,
Thought by asking others might come toward,
Good or Bad

My wife Can afford for us to visit family in China
I can't...

The am 1000 is approximately $1,600A
More expensive then the Ansbern, if you up speck to as discussed options that's approximately
$600 more leaving a $1,000 difference
I haven't seen anyway that Frey will down speck the am 1000
Even if they did, I can't see it being a $1,000
Cheaper,
Only way to find out is to put in a request to see exactly what each company is willing to offer,
The exchange rate is heading in Australia's favor at the moment, I'll hold until I see where it ends up.
I'm not the type to order change my mind and faf around I'll do it once with minor tweaks if necessary.

I wish....
I'm looking at the Alibaba app right now
Frey AM 1000 = A$4,517.88
I can't get screenshot to work on this forum

Thank You for that,
This bike only shows up if I search 2019
Model I haven't seen it before now,
It's a good start possible up speck it a little bit
to match my budget,
Once again Thank You for your help Mate
Rob

Hi,
does anyone has any experience with the Ansbern ebikes? I am considering buying thei 2020 Bafang Ultra model but there's seem to be no one with a hands on experience! :-( I would really really appreciate any input on this!

Figured it was better to resurrect an old thread than start a new one.

Im considering buying a Ansbern frame because I can get one from a U.K. supplier.

I’ve read fully built Ansbern bikes are not the best but most of the issues seem to be around shipping times and ordering. I’d avoid all of this and shipping costs and import taxes.

They only have one size. I’m guessing that is M?

155CEDD2-CA14-4A3C-9615-0394728050B5.png

Last edited:
Back