Tangent Mid-drive support or replacement components?

12-C

100 W
Has anyone been able to make contact with Dave?

I'm needing some new internals sadly....

When I purchased from him he said that he would offer support whenever needed. He was always above and beyond with his service. I'm not looking/expecting the level of support that he offered while in production, but I'm hoping for some form of "open source"-ism for being able to replace a part once it gets broken etc.... It's understandable that he/his life went different ways, but did he leave behind any means/data for us to replicate parts that might become damaged over time?

Is there any common knowledge that could be put to use to replicate some of the internals to repair a drive unit?

I think it would be the minimum to give links to parts if available commercially, and cad files to consumable parts if not available commercially.

I was hoping maybe someone took the baton, even if not for financial gain, but just so theres a repository of information and resources.

I still have three Tangent drives and have been making some parts to keep them going. What do you need?
IMG_20200706_182557.jpg

Those don't look like the Tangent to me... correct me if I'm wrong, those are perhaps the DaVinci drive?

JTR said:
I still have three Tangent drives and have been making some parts to keep them going. What do you need?
IMG_20200706_182557.jpg

Those don't look like the Tangent to me... correct me if I'm wrong, those are perhaps the DaVinci drive?

If anyone has the output part for either the 3kw version (with bigger holes) or one for the last generation (i think) I'd be interested.

This is the part that threads the freewheel, they are expendable since a broken freewheel cannot be unscrewed. Mine failed in worse ways tho.

Maybe we should try to reverse engineer/figure out measurements of these pieces so they can be ordered from machine shops.

The part(s) I'm most desperate to get my hands on are shown in this video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iiy57g2lh3c1dvg/tangent.mov?dl=0

Back