BBSHD - Not using set speed limits

bailbondsh

1 µW
I'm running a new BBSHD, 860c display, and 48v 13ah battery. The BBSHD has a 52v controller (the firmware version I guess) which isn't great with 48v batteries, but I just noticed another problem. I'm trying to set a speed limit for throttle mode and the motor/controller seem to be ignoring it entirely. Doesn't matter if I set it via the display or through the USB programmer, it gets ignored. I searched the forum for any cases of this but didn't find any. Is this a known issue, at all?

Also yeah yeah I know cops don't really know anything about ebike regulations but I have my reasons.

Thanks

Throttle and PAS are different modes, with throttle given priority to override PAS.

I think you can tweak your PAS 0 settings to get what you want. If you set limit current% to 1 and then speed limit% to whatever the math works out to you can have a mode that gives you your throttled cruise control.

Alright I think I figured it out. I was testing the speed limit with the back wheel off the ground spinning freely, instead of actually riding it. I guess without some resistance the motor controller isn't able to keep up with the momentum of the free-spinning wheel. I tested my electric scooter the same way and just assumed the bike would be able to enforce the limits on a fee-spinning wheel, but that's not the case. PEBCAK!

bailbondsh said:
Alright I think I figured it out. I was testing the speed limit with the back wheel off the ground spinning freely, instead of actually riding it. I guess without some resistance the motor controller isn't able to keep up with the momentum of the free-spinning wheel. I tested my electric scooter the same way and just assumed the bike would be able to enforce the limits on a fee-spinning wheel, but that's not the case. PEBCAK!

I believe that's because the controller uses the motor rpm and not the wheel. The speed sensor just goes to the display.

Back