BBSHD issue with 48v battery

rjoiner

1 µW
Hey!

My brand new BBSHD is unfortunately not able to understand my 48v battery. It seems like it thinks there is a 52v battery attached. On full charge my battery only shows 65% on DPC-18 display. It rapidly decreases percentage during use, however indicator on battery shows plenty of charge left.

I'm at the end of my tether with this problem. I've found a couple posts with people who have encountered it, but no solution. Absolutely gutted to find out that not all of the BBSHD units are 48-52v :(

Can anyone shed some light on a solution?

Kind regards,
Rob

Neither the battery indicator on the Bafang display nor the battery indicator on the battery housing is accurate enough to be useful, even when the system voltage and battery are in agreement. I think it's best to ignore them, and install a digital voltmeter if you really need to know state of charge.

I have never seen a display SOC indicator that showed anything less than full until the battery was already halfway discharged. This includes my KT display that shows a numerical value for voltage as well!

Hi!

Does anyone know how to change a DPC-018 display to correctly understand a 48v battery?

I'm unable to work out how to find advanced setting screen, and can't find a way of changing it with the standard setting screen.

Think my issue with controller not understanding my 48v battery is actually being caused by the display.

Help!

Kind regards,
Rob

I have the reverse problem. I have a 52v battery but the display is made for 48v. It shows full until the battery is about half discharged.

There may be a firmware flash for the controller that can fix this, but there are so many versions and they are hardware dependent so it's hard to figure out which one will work. You run the risk of bricking the controller if something goes wrong too.

I use a separate voltmeter.

Yes, it's a controller's firmware limitation, bafang introduced a 52V/28A and a 48V/30A in the latest years.
There is an older 48V/30A firmware with higher overvoltage cut-off that works with 48V and 52V batteries.
If you are willing to take the risk, you can flash a firmware from this thread :

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100064

yes, i have do it . and it works. just folow the steps you will find in this block.
My display now works perfect.

Back