Tsdz2 36v 250w & 36v 350w

PeeWee

100 µW
Hi I'm new to this forum so apologies if I seem a bit dumb:!:
I'm planning to convert my bike using a tsdz2 motor as starting to feel the hills, its an age thing unfortunately.
After trawling through pages of topics I still can't find or fully understand what I'm looking for.
From what I understand the tsdz2 motor comes in two base forms the 36v and the 48v so if that is the case can someone please tell me what is the difference between the 36v 250w version and the 36v 350w versions? I guess there must be something otherwise surly they wouldn't bother selling the two versions of the same thing, would they?
Thanks for your replies

PeeWee said:
..... two base forms the 36v and the 48v so if that is the case can someone please tell me what is the difference between the 36v 250w version and the 36v 350w versions? ....
The only difference are the programmed settings inside the firmware of the contoller, these settings limit the power.
If you have a 250W version motor and flash 350W firmware it has the same specs. as 350W version.
I think all has to do with marketing.
Housing, gears and controller are the same with all tsdz2 versions.
Different are the bare motor (36V or 48V 4000RPM) and the firmware (250-350-500-750W).
So even if you have a 36V 250W Tsdz2 and replace the bare motor for a 48V type and flash 750W firmware, you are done and have the same motor as a 750W tsdz2.

Can anybody please tell me what the stock firmware amp settings are for the 36v 250w and 36v 350w motors? And am I correct in saying that due to the firmware amp setting altering the amp setting in the Vlcd5 hidden settings has no effect on power output of the motor?

PeeWee said:
Can anybody please tell me what the stock firmware amp settings are for the 36v 250w and 36v 359w motors? ...
The Power setting has normally only influence on max. power (~500W/700W), not on the nominal power you mention (250W/350W).
How do you measure the max. power? You can't feel any difference till that max value is reached.

Nominal power you can't measure easy, because this is a calculated value which you only can measure with an advanced device that can measure current, voltage, rpm, time and temperature rise in a conditioned environment.
Nominal power is also named continuous power. Meaning the motor can run on max. rpm with only a small temperature rise in a certain time.

I don't know what you can do with that setting, because it is between 6-35 and default value is 16.
But..... this can't be the max current A, because the absolute max, is hardware coded inside the controller 18A, so 35A will not be possible.

Thanks for your reply and your explanation
Would I be correct then in thinking that as the absolute max coded in the motors inside controller is set to 18A the motors potential output is 648w (36v x 18a = 648w)? I guess the max amp setting in the Vlcd5 would also need to be set to 18A?

PeeWee said:
.... is set to 18A the motors potential output is 648w (36v x 18a = 648w)? I guess the max amp setting in the Vlsd5 was also need to be set to 18A?
Your calculation isn't entirely correct, because 36V is also a nominal battery value. (the value for a certain time with a certain load). So again it is a calculated value.
The real battery value is between 30V-42V and the load will vary.
So absolute max. power potential could be 42x18=756W (max. value and max. load)

As you can read inside the vlcd5 manual the default setting is 16.
But if this means "16A", I really don't know. .
Normally you don't want to reach the cutoff current of 18A

Didn't we find that altering the 16A on the VLCD5 made no difference, early on prior to the OSF firmware, we were changing the file manually on the motor firmware data memory file.

https://www.eco-ebike.com/blogs/eco-cycles-instructionals/tsdz2programmingfromscratch

Back