Mysterious Surron BAC throttle issue

wpanther

1 µW
Hi, I'm having a throttle issue. When I open a throttle and then close it, bike keeps going.
When I look at the voltage via BAC door, it looks that once bike starts running, some parasitic voltage is added and won't go away until you shut the bike down.
The difficulty is that the problem comes and goes. I was able to induce it by placing my hand around the throttle connector. When I remove my hand it goes away. Doesn't always reproduce though.
I checked wiring, throttle box, controller connector for water - nothing suspicious.
Anybody had similar experiences?

I'm running stock cable throttle and BAC4000.

THe most likely problem is a bad ground on the throttle. Could simply be a bad connection between the throttle and controller at the connector contacts, or a broken wire anywhere between the two. The most likely place to start is whereever touching it causes or ceases the problem.

Bad throttle internals or pinched throttle wires. Check all the wires, and swap out the throttle, do not use the old throttles wires.

So, it seems that the issue was caused by a faulty 12V DC converter, which started giving direct 60v output instead of 12. I've removed it and the problem went away.

I'm not electrical engineer, so exact way is affected is not clear to me. Probably it affected grounding for the whole system?

Back