CYC X1 Stealth (NEW)

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aendless-sphere.com%2Fforums+CYC+X1+Stealth

Glad to see the cog is very close to the motor cog.
My problem with x1 standard bracket was that it is so long there isn't any space on the downtube left for a downtube battery.

Has anyone on this forum done any pre-release testing of this motor? I am very interested in it, but a bit concerned about noise.

Hey, i Preordered the stealth yesterday, to do a exchange with my bbs02b. Hope for a better paddeling assistance with the torque sensor of this motor -> i dont like the on/off switch feel of the bafang motors :? Some smoother transition like a modern Bosch motor would be great (I dont use any thumbthrottle or something like that)
Also waiting for some userreviews, never the less any footage of this motor. :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_20210225_130442.jpg
    IMG_20210225_130442.jpg
    581.6 KB · Views: 10,819
Hello, does anyone know if I can climb steep and continuous hills without pedaling and not cutting? Does it get very hot? Thanks

juanjo said:
Hello, does anyone know if I can climb steep and continuous hills without pedaling and not cutting? Does it get very hot? Thanks

This is an outrunner motor, no way to cool the windings. Basically a hub motor, without ferro fluid. So continued high load is a no go.

I don't quite understand what you are saying, is it not possible to climb steep and continuous slopes?

juanjo said:
I don't quite understand what you are saying, is it not possible to climb steep and continuous slopes?

It depends on a million things. One persons steep is another persons almost flat, one persons slow is another persons fast.

The only thing I am writing here is, in addition to the stealth being a smaller motor than the PRO (which means it has less heat capacity), because it is an outrunner, the windings aren't getting cooled from the motor wall like the PRO, cyclone, bafang mid motors, etc., which makes its heat shedding ability AND heat capacity lower than pretty much any mid motor for sale (maybe outside tdzs or what it's called).

For this reason if you are looking to use it as a motorbike (throttle only) on a difficult terrain (long uphills) I would recommend against this motor.

So what problems will I have if I go up steep and long slopes with only the accelerator? Will it give me cuts?

juanjo said:
So what problems will I have if I go up steep and long slopes with only the accelerator? Will it give me cuts?

Cyc motors have a heat sensor in them. If they function properly for a new motor or not is unknown. The asi controller they use has both a temperature rollback and a cutout. So as it gets hotter it will reduce power and then eventually cut out. It should return to working order after it gets below the cut out limit.

I'd be interested in it if it didn't have a crazy wide Q factor and could be used on a 68mm bottom bracket.
I always wanted a smaller version of this high efficiency drive. But the low biomechanical efficiency that overly wide pedals creates keeps me away.

I have talked to jon chan and he told me that they have tested the engines on inclined slopes,cyclone,bafang,bbhd,and he told me that the one that heats up the least is the stealh,according to jon chan the engine loses efficiency at 80 degrees and at 90 degrees it cuts.

Thanks for your message.

The X1 Stealth has 150 N.m. of torque & will get you up slopes using throttle only, no problem. I have personally driven it on a very steep slope using throttle only, and it was very good. As for temperature, the programming is set to start limiting the power at 80° C & will cut out at 90° C. Even though the system can withstand temperatures above 150° C, we’ve set these limits for safety.

If you do not have heating issue with our GNG kit then the X1 Stealth is also unlikely to heat up to its protection level.
The thermal performance at the same long steep hill we tested, with GNG2016 and X1 Stealth, the heat accumulated is similar. So I am quite confident that you will never get the X1 Stealth overheat in your loading condition.

We did the durability testing in harsh loading condition on our loading bench so we know the capability of the motor. The X1 Stealth has a higher efficiency so it can handle the same power in much smaller form factor.

Even without temperature sensor, the X1 stealth will not burn in the same loading condition as the GNG motor. They have similar thermal performance. If you cannot get the GNG to heat up, then you cannot also get the X1 Stealth to heat up. So at the same loading condition, the motor will not cut at all.

The temperature sensor is an extra precaution. So the motor will never burn down if you really pushing it to the limit.

X1 Stealth will be start shipping the first batch in later this month. And you will see reviews coming up soon.

All motors will get hot under continuous high loading. But if you keep X1 PRO at its correct gearing, you will hardly get the X1 PRO to heat up.

We have the Cyclone and BBSHD running side by side over the same loading condition. X1 PRO is the last one to heat up and this is because of the efficiency and performance.

We have tested in continuous steep slopes and the motor does not heat up. The BBSHD next to it has already been heated up quite substantially.
Therefore, under the same loading condition, our motors can sustain the most power for the longest period of time.
Comparing to the common high power mid drive: Cyclone, BBSHD, Tangent, etc. X1 PRO has the best thermal performance as we learnt from our customers and in-house testing.

We are sure about this as we know our system deeply.

In real life situation, we seldom got the motor to heat up even with continuous steep slopes.

As a reference point, the 3000w cyclone we all know, it does fine around 1600-2000w continuous depending on outside temperature.

juanjo, thanks for the information, but please don't turn one message into 8 messages in the future!

I would expect his statements to hold true because the CYC mid drives are the only ones that use properly thin 0.2mm laminations.

Tommm said:
As a reference point, the 3000w cyclone we all know, it does fine around 1600-2000w continuous depending on outside temperature.
While with extra heat-sinking 4500-5000 watts claimed for BBSHD

at 88v and 55-60 amps.

then it will be better to climb steep and continuous slopes with the X1 PRO GEN 2 2021?

Back