bbs02 low top speed problem

Laissez

10 W
I have BBS02b middrive motor with 48V 24Ah battery and 500C screen, my top speed is relatively low I can barely hit 35km/h(21.7mph) while pedalling. My front chainring is 48t and rear is 11-36 and my bike is 29er. What could be the problem? Something wrong with the programming?

ZWDSo9P.jpg

XjnDwnM.jpg

Are you confident your speedo is accurate? It wouldn't hurt to download a GPS app to double check - that will rule out any sensor issues.

I'm hitting 25-27mph with my 30T chainring and 11T cog, so I would imagine you should be able to hit low 30s with the 48T.

COAR said:
Are you confident your speedo is accurate? It wouldn't hurt to download a GPS app to double check - that will rule out any sensor issues.

I'm hitting 25-27mph with my 30T chainring and 11T cog, so I would imagine you should be able to hit low 30s with the 48T.

Yeah I used gps from my phone to track speed. And yes it feels odd.

Laissez said:
Something wrong with the programming?
What are all of your settings? Knowing those, someone that knows the BBS02 system might see something that would help.

Would also help to know the terrain and wind conditions. Takes a certain amount of power to reach a certain speed on the flats with no wind, and more for headwinds or up hills.

Try holding up the rear tire and hitting the throttle for a 10-15 seconds. If you can hit 30+ mph with no load your issue is not software related.

COAR said:
Try holding up the rear tire and hitting the throttle for a 10-15 seconds. If you can hit 30+ mph with no load your issue is not software related.

Yeah it goes up to 75km/h that way. It seems that the if you are only pedaling it restricts wattage to 750 even on pas 9. With throttle it seems to go beyond that.

amberwolf said:
What are all of your settings? Knowing those, someone that knows the BBS02 system might see something that would help.

Would also help to know the terrain and wind conditions. Takes a certain amount of power to reach a certain speed on the flats with no wind, and more for headwinds or up hills.

No idea about the programming settings, I don't have the cable.

Time to get a cable and do some reading?

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/bafang-ultra-and-bbsxx-tuning.38842/

AHicks said:
Time to get a cable and do some reading?

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/bafang-ultra-and-bbsxx-tuning.38842/

Yeah I think so, ordered cable from ebay.

AFAICR from others' posts over the years in other BBS02 threads, there are menus you can go into without external programming, that should tell you a fair bit about how it is setup, even if you can't change the settings from there.

Back