Stuck Pully shaft key - Lightning Rods Small Block

Remus

100 W
Hi folks,

Been a while since I've posted...
Cause I've had no problems with my early generation Lightning Rods Small Block Mid Drive Kit. To my surprise it's bike parts that wear out, but the LR small block has been a reliable machine.

In case you don't know about the kit learn more here : http://www.lightningrodev.com/

Kits over 6 years old and a freewheel needs replacing. I'm stuck at removing the large belt gear from the keyed shaft.
I'm guessing the last time I put the belt gear on I jammed it :(

I've uploaded a video demonstrating the installation of the belt gear here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_PdjrBbMhcDgQ7LTmek8KgWPdU_tpx3t/view?usp=sharing

Be aware this is a fragment of an old video demonstrating LR small block kit assembly, its a fragment relevant to my kit and my problem, but may not be relevant to owners of newer or customized LR kits. Mike of LR Dev has made constant upgrades to his kit.

Essentially I'm trying to do what's demonstrated in the video in reverse, I've removed the securing bolt. But the belt gear is stuck fast on the keyed shaft.

The belt gear is made of some kind of rigid compound, but I'm fairly certain its not metal, the free wheel in the center is metal.

Any tips and comments on getting out of this "jam" appreciated.

Regards,
Remus.

Bump
Went to a few auto workshops and a bike shop today

Still stuck

Remus said:
Bump
Went to a few auto workshops and a bike shop today

Still stuck

Still an issue?

You need a "Steering wheel puller" or a "Harmonic Balancer Puller". That should do ya fine. Or maybe a homemade puller.. I could makeone for ya for 50$. Guaranteed to remove that pulley without damage. I have one here to design from. Bolted to the existing holes, a puller will make short wortrk of that.

Its a 3C printed pulley: I do not know the compositions. YOU could easily fab a new one if you destroy it upon removal.. If you have the drawings and a high quality printer. Or made to order on the various 3D printing service websites.

I could also do this for you for a price, if you cannot acquire a original. Costly, though.

Yeah 3D printed but I do not know the material.

Tooling is not cheap, sorry, but yeah I do think a common steering wheel puller would do you.

Back