Any gear reduction kits available?

Rfprint

1 µW
Hey, does anyone know of any gear reduction kits for a bike, for an rc motor? The tricky part here is that I would like to attach it to my fixie with a flip flop hub, so I can pedal with the fixie on the right side and use the ebike on the other side. I'd also need some sort of left hand threaded free wheel for the flip flop hub or else the motor would just unthread it,unless someone could point me to another solution to circumvent that.

Realistically I just want a very simple way to convert my bike to an ebike while also maintaining its ability to be used as a fixie, so if anyone has any suggestions besides a rc motor reduction kit I'd gladly listen.

Thanks!

There's a number of ways to do it documented around this section of the forums; most are somewhat old threads (the heyday of RC motor drives was about 10 years ago) and so probably buried a few pages back or more. (most threads in this section lately are about prebuilt middrives like the bafangs and tongsheng, etc). I don't know if anyone is still selling the stuff they used to make for the purpose.

TangentDave had a drive that could probably have been repurposed for this, but hasn't been around or responsive in a while. His big thread might still be useful.

Recumpence's DaVinci drive was built around RC motors.

Kepler made friction drives using RC motors.

I'm sure there's others I don't recall ATM.

amberwolf said:
There's a number of ways to do it documented around this section of the forums; most are somewhat old threads (the heyday of RC motor drives was about 10 years ago) and so probably buried a few pages back or more. (most threads in this section lately are about prebuilt middrives like the bafangs and tongsheng, etc). I don't know if anyone is still selling the stuff they used to make for the purpose.

TangentDave had a drive that could probably have been repurposed for this, but hasn't been around or responsive in a while. His big thread might still be useful.

Recumpence's DaVinci drive was built around RC motors.

Kepler made friction drives using RC motors.

I'm sure there's others I don't recall ATM.

Ahh I see thank you. Do you think it's more resonable to abandon the rc motor idea in favor of just a prebuilt middrive or hubdrive then? Can you even use those with a fixed gear?

Back