New Bafang BBS02 and BBSHD models coming to market .

I read somewhere that Bafang has done some changes to the BBSO2 and BBSHD DIY mid-drives .

M315 ? and M615 ? I saw a picture where the covers look different , slightly
larger cooling fins , and a spoke like pattern on the outer casing .

Who here has tested them ?

What weight difference for each model ?

What have they done to the Controller and or ability to replace with a better controller ?

What other Changes ?

Any price changes ?

Bafang released info on new-style BBS02 and BBSHD motors, then seeminly pulled them off the market. Both motors appeared on Amazon and a few other places for a while.

There's this recent, torque-sensing BBSHD/M625-ish speculation video on the High Voltage Youtube channel:

As of today, I don't see any mention of this motor on the Bafang OEM web page.

If it requires a proprietary Bafang battery, I pass.

Last edited:
Bafang released info on new-style BBS02 and BBSHD motors, then seeminly pulled them off the market. Both motors appeared on Amazon and a few other places for a while.

There's this recent, torque-sensing BBSHD/M625-ish speculation video on the High Voltage Youtube channel:

As of today, I don't see any mention of this motor on the Bafang OEM web page.

If it requires a proprietary Bafang battery, I pass.

1689191334188.png
Super strong and efficient, this mid-drive system with a rated power of 750 or 1000W and a max. torque of 160Nm is an ideal upgrade for vehicles such as eSpeed and eCargo bikes. Compatible with frames with 68-120 mm bottom bracket width.

eCargo
Designed for upgrading standard cargo bikes to convenient eCargo and for cost-effective eSpeed bikes.
RATED POWER

1000w
160Nm
5.6kg

With a maximum torque of 160Nm and 750 or even 1000W rated power output.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's probably either a BBS03, or the equivalent. Every few years they usually just make some software tweaks and that's about it. This design is so old now that other Chinese companies (besides Tongsheng) have copied it and now there is a price war for them. Some are under $400 USD. If they stretched out the distance from the axle to the motor an inch or two, I'd probably get one. They don't fit on modern frames very well.

FYI the 315 with 500W is 4.3 kg. That's about the same weight as my 450W Chinese aftermarket motor that's not attached to an axle. I guess you could say that's relatively light when the crank axle is included. Don't hold your breath for any Bafang distributors to stock these in the USA. That's the real issue, at least for now.

Back