TSDZ2 full suspenion bracket

gordone

10 W
Hi,

Someone know about site selling mounting bracket for TSDZ2 on full suspension frame, to avoid movement of motor?
Since the rear swingarm angle is constant, cannot factory bracket be used….

Example:

Attachments

• 678D2403-3157-4C18-A436-CA27A181E8D5.jpeg
    678D2403-3157-4C18-A436-CA27A181E8D5.jpeg
    234.6 KB · Views: 940
Maybe I should just make a bracket by myself….

These concept is working?

Really is a thing you probably have to make since there is so much variation in rear suspension it would be hard to make something that works for most bikes. You can see my solution (link in sig), which may or may not work for your bike, is 3D printed and Kevlar wrapped, pretty easy if you have access to a 3D printer to do something similar.

I don’t use a bracket on mine and never had a problem. Just cut some small grooves into the securing plate that faces the bottom bracket and tighten the hell out of it.

:|
Alfie said:
I don’t use a bracket on mine and never had a problem. Just cut some small grooves into the securing plate that faces the bottom bracket and tighten the hell out of it.
Thank you

Do you have some photos?

gordone said:
:|
Alfie said:
Thank you

Do you have some photos?

Sorry, not without taking it off the bike.

I just used an angle grinder and lightly scored the surface. You could use a file or anything that will score the plate to give it more grip on the BB. Give the locking nut a few hits with a hammer to get it all nice and tight. Quite a few guys on here use this method.

I have a FS aluminum frame and just let the motor up against the downtube, that is the direction it wants to go anyway, and tighten the piss out of the outside ring on the bb shell. i have never experienced any issues but I do try to not wham it against rocks and logs though but that is as much to protect the motor housing itself.

Just to understand these 100%, please see photo added below.
Procedure:
1. Use angle grinder and cut the frame, but making som small notches
2. Fasten the new TSDZ2
3. Use a hammer and smask the washer over the notches, to lock the washer inside the nothes?

Is these correct understood ?

Attachments

• Skjermbilde.JPG
    Skjermbilde.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 753
gordone said:
Just to understand these 100%,....
1. Use angle grinder and cut the frame, but making som small notches

Is these correct understood ?
If you want to grind your frame it is your decision, but if you read and look carefully only the triangle plate and fixing plate are dimpled or grinded. Not the frame

Sorry.... no I understand.

Using the angle grinder on these to parts and mount them against each after and tight up well... use om loctite is properly good on the nut itself then...

Attachments

• Skjermbilde.JPG
    Skjermbilde.JPG
    19.3 KB · Views: 689
I have a problem that bolt unscrew on left side.
The bolt holdning the arm/axis in place….
I have tried to add locktite without sucess…

Anybody?

I use a hammer on the plate spanner and wack it up as tight as possible. Never seem to have a problem doing it that way..

gordone said:
I have a problem that bolt unscrew on left side.
You had already asked for a solution.

Have you only used locktite?
Or used a grinder or punched some dimples too?

Back