Bafang Ultra/M620/G510 Clutch Repair

underasail

1 µW
In the process of tearing down my motor to grease the gears, I seem to have messed up the clutch when I put it back. The wire ring that holds the pawls onto the clutch (seen in red here) was mangled beyond repair when I ran the motor after putting it back together.

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to just replace the ring, or if I'll need to replace the whole clutch assembly, I'm not sure how I'd get a new ring onto the old clutch, so I've ordered a whole replacement that I'm waiting on.

It would be nice if you gave a link or details on where you got the replacement part from, is it Bafang themselves or somewhere else.

underasail said:
In the process of tearing down my motor to grease the gears, I seem to have messed up the clutch when I put it back. The wire ring that holds the pawls onto the clutch (seen in red here) was mangled beyond repair when I ran the motor after putting it back together.

I'm wondering if it's possible for me to just replace the ring, or if I'll need to replace the whole clutch assembly, I'm not sure how I'd get a new ring onto the old clutch, so I've ordered a whole replacement that I'm waiting on.

I just got one from Green Bike Kit. I haven't seen the right one elsewhere.

https://www.greenbikekit.com/ultra-m620-motor-pawl-clutch-finger-freewheel.html

You're referring to the spindle freewheel mechanism, not the one-way bearing typically referred to as the "clutch" (just to avoid confusion for any other readers, replies)

Biktrix also sells these replacement parts, if you've bought an Ultra motor from us (for future reference).

I think my m620 has an issue with overrun clutch (overrun bearing). When I press petal I feel more drag when it used to be before. And sometimes this drag picks up the motor (I can hear and feel the rotor of the motor starts rotating) with so much drag.

As I understand the rotor of the motor is connected with the chainring through the overrunning clutch and the chainring is connected to the crank arms (torque sensor shaft) through the freewheel pawl.

So it looks like I need new overrunning clutch for m620. Where can I purchase it?

This part looks like overrun clutch

1686714790630.png

Last edited:
That sounds like the other clutch is sticking. I would take it apart and see if you can just clean and re-lube it.

Back