Questions on bafang m400

cvin

10 W
Picked up a tern folder with the 36 volt bafang m400 motor, greenbikekit can sell me a 48 volt controller for that motor

Can anyone tell me how much wattage/torque I will gain doing that swap?

Thanks

Is the current limit the same on boht controllers? Or is the higher voltage unit a lower current version, to keep the same wattage?

If the former, then the power output and torque could be proportionally higher (48v/36v). However, if the hardware is not designed for the higher torque, it could wear out faster or be damaged by it.

If the latter, then the power output and everything else should remain the same.

Ok let me find that out

I realize it pushes the limits of the motor some but as you know I ride pretty chill
And if I melt a nylon gear etc am ok with that

Let me try to get some specific specs on the 48 volt controller

Thank!

tern does not give a lot of info out on the bike but says it is a 36 volt 250 watt motor 80 nm

the 36 volt/250 watt controller on greenbikekit says 14A

so i ordered from greenbikekit the 36 volt/350 watt controller that says 16A

greenbikekit says it is unlocked and i also ordered the cables to add the throttle, here is hoping it is plug and play :)

i like the bike a lot the way it is but do not mind more power for hill climbing even if i only use it occasionally

dont even know what peak watts is on this motor, hard to find much
it is a very smooth torque sensor though

will update this as parts come in and i change them

reading a little more looks like i can turn up current or something and get higher A out of the controller

hoping the 350 controller gives me a little more leeway before getting hot/overloaded vs the 250 controller but not sure how much 2A does...

i did need the wiring to hook up the throttle and i also do not know if the original tern controller in the bike is locked now.. did not try with the eggrider yet
been too busy and knew i wanted to get the 350 watt controller anyway

need to remember to try the eggrider before i swap controllers just so others know

Back