Non-responsive buttons on TSDZ2 VLCD6 display

sysrq

1 kW
Anyone else ever had a non responsive buttons on VLCD6 display? After reconnecting the battery the buttons work again for a short period of time, sometimes for longer.
So far only one person have complained about this on bentrideronline. He ended up swapping out the controller.

Sounds like either the controller (or display) is locking up (freezing, crashing), or there is a problem with the communication wires between the controller and display (or the comm electronics).

Connection is fairly easy to troubleshoot; unplug and replug, ensuring firm connection.

amberwolf said:
Sounds like either the controller (or display) is locking up (freezing, crashing), or there is a problem with the communication wires between the controller and display (or the comm electronics).

Connection is fairly easy to troubleshoot; unplug and replug, ensuring firm connection.

Was thinking about unplugging and replugging the VLCD6 display as one of options.
Why would controller suddenly start repeatedly crashing and freezing with the same amount of data? Single unexpected bug due to some interference would be more understandable.

I don't know why it would happen (it doesn't make sense that it would, really), but if there is a bug in the program where a certain form of corrupted data crashes it after the first data passes (perhaps after a bunch of re-transmits that you don't know about), then a comm problem causing such corrupted data could cause a "consistent" failure mode when normally it would just have glitchy data? Pure speculation. :)

Most connection problems I see cause random-seeming failures, or complete failures...but sometimes....

amberwolf said:
I don't know why it would happen (it doesn't make sense that it would, really), but if there is a bug in the program where a certain form of corrupted data crashes it after the first data passes (perhaps after a bunch of re-transmits that you don't know about), then a comm problem causing such corrupted data could cause a "consistent" failure mode when normally it would just have glitchy data? Pure speculation. :)

Most connection problems I see cause random-seeming failures, or complete failures...but sometimes....

After reconnecting the 6 pin VLCD6 plug everything seemed to work fine until it started crashing again or becomong unresponsive randomly at the end of the trip. Seems like it doesn't like the battery being half empty.
Strange that more people aren't reporting similar issues.

Back