TSDZ2 - Completely confused now..

hippynz69

10 µW
I'm really confused now.. I have 6x TSDZ2 motors.. 52v battery's.. all running opensource firmware [fantastically].. I had one fail.. replaced 52v controller.. now it powers up every time I connect battery.. when I turn it off.. the screen read "off".. permanently and wont turn back on??.. I then remove the battery and repeat the cycle.. so I replaced the controller again.. as well as the screen.. and speed sensor.. same issue?.. any advice please?..

hippynz69 said:
..... same issue?.. any advice please?..
If I understand well, you have replaced every outside part and the controller for another part, that is proofed to work on another tsdz2.
In that case the only part that isn't replaced are cables and connectors.
So I advice to look carefully inside every connector if there is a broken or bent pin inside.
Also check the cables for some damage to the insulation.

Thanks, logical step.. but thinking about it, the new screen cable runs into a new controller cable.. and the new controller cable feeds onto the new speed sensor cable.. which just leaves the "hall sensor plug.. or the "torque sensor" plug as original?.. am I right?..

Some of the displays use a separate button module. If yours does, and you haven't changed that out with the display, perhaps it's "on/off" button is stuck....

I have 2x bikes side by side and by interchanging the display proves its in the display.. I have tried on new motor.. and wired on new controller.. when I plug on the battery the display boots up.. when I power it down it displays the word "off" and wont power up again until the battery is unplugged and re-plugged.. endless loop driving me crazy.. Thanks..
NOTE: have tried 3x new VLDC5 displays.. all of them do it..

Attachments

• 20220520_133557.jpg
    20220520_133557.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 629
Side by side.. and interchanged.. confirms its in the display..

Attachments

• 20220520_133759.jpg
    20220520_133759.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 630
amberwolf said:
Some of the displays use a separate button module. If yours does, and you haven't changed that out with the display, perhaps it's "on/off" button is stuck....

Hi Amberwolf.. do you think it could be a setting during firmware flashing?..

Just to be clear--you have one working display, and three that have this problem?

If it is a setting (I don't know anything about the FW / settings), then you should look at your original settings for your working display, vs the three that don't work.

Alternately, if all three nonworking ones are a newer version of display, perhaps they are incompatible with either the rest of the system hardware, or the OSFW, where the working one is not.

For anybody interested.. or have the same issue.. its appears its in a certain batch of VLDC5 displays..

Attachments

• zz1.jpg
    zz1.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 409
Back