cant see the wattmeter on my 850c with TSDZ2

F4rk4z

1 µW
i have just build a bike with TSDZ2 and 850c, and i have a setting for power or curent but i dont have a wattmeter on the display. Have i missed some thing when building?

F4rk4z said:
i have just build a bike with TSDZ2 and 850c, and i have a setting for power or curent but i dont have a wattmeter on the display. Have i missed some thing when building?

Are you saying when you change the Pow Ind setting from Current to Power, the display doesn't show Watts?

850C POW.jpg

It dosnt mater what i put the setting on, i don have the lower half of the meter. I can see my speed and power lvl but not the wattmeter, its just not there… the screen work and i can see the backround were it schould bee. Its like its turnd off=?

F4rk4z said:
It dosnt mater what i put the setting on, i don have the lower half of the meter. I can see my speed and power lvl but not the wattmeter, its just not there… the screen work and i can see the backround were it schould bee. Its like its turnd off=?

Sorry, I realized you're using it with the TSDZ2. Are you running the Opern Source Firmware?

E-HP said:
F4rk4z said:
....I can see my speed and power lvl but not the wattmeter, its just not there…
......using it with the TSDZ2. Are you running the Opern Source Firmware?
Right. The 850C is mostly used with Bafang which has a different communication protocol.
For more options, an original Bafang display and Tsdz2 controller can both flashed with custom Open Source Firmware (right picture)
Latest OSF for all displays is from mbrusa

imho your display is special made for Tsdz2 and with stock firmware (left picture)
You have the same options as with ordinairy stock display like vlcd5.
That is why you don't have other values on display. They are missing indeed.

Because your 850C display is already Tsdz2 stock, it can't be flashed, so you need OSF for stock display.
You need to flash the controller only with the Java configurator.
In that case the center speed indication is used temporary for other data you want to see too (like Watt, cadence etc.)
tsdz2_850C_stock_OSF.jpg

E-HP said:
Are you running the Opern Source Firmware?
no im not at the moment, i dont have the gear to flash it.

Elinx said:
imho your display is special made for Tsdz2 and with stock firmware (left picture)
You have the same options as with ordinairy stock display like vlcd5.
That is why you don't have other values on display. They are missing indeed.

Because your 850C display is already Tsdz2 stock, it can't be flashed, so you need OSF for stock display.
You need to flash the controller only with the Java configurator.
In that case the center speed indication is used temporary for other data you want to see too (like Watt, cadence etc.)
tsdz2_850C_stock_OSF.jpg
so i need to buy a new screen to be able to flash it? dont know if i understad "it can´t be flashed" and a link to OSF to flash it with...

but then i know why i dont see the wattmeter! Thanks for the help so far =D

F4rk4z said:
so i need to buy a new screen to be able to flash it? ....
... i know why i dont see the wattmeter!.....
There are three versions of mbrusa OSF.
1- For stock display (Tsdz2 communication protocol) Vlcd5, Vlcd6, XH18, but also now the special made 850C and SW102
2- For KT display KT-LCD3
3- For Bafang display (Bafang communication protocol) 850C, 860C, SW102

The confusion is that there are different versions of the same display: 850C and SW102
If these display's work with stock firmware you need OSF version 1 - for stock display and flash the controller with Javaconfigurator.
In that case you don't need to buy a new screen, but....... because the 850C isn't a real stock display of Tsdz2, you can't choose this display inside the java configurator and could have some strange behaviour.

You only need another display if you are not satisfied with what you have.
With Vlcd5, Vlcd6 and XH18 there are no problems with OSF

If you want the same options as the right picture from before, you need to buy an original Bafang display and flash that with OSF.
Everything for that you can find in the wiki. Don't try to flash your 850C, because it will brick.

Elinx said:
F4rk4z said:
so i need to buy a new screen to be able to flash it? ....
... i know why i dont see the wattmeter!.....
There are three versions of mbrusa OSF.
1- For stock display (Tsdz2 communication protocol) Vlcd5, Vlcd6, XH18, but also now the special made 850C and SW102
2- For KT display KT-LCD3
3- For Bafang display (Bafang communication protocol) 850C, 860C, SW102

The confusion is that there are different versions of the same display: 850C and SW102
If these display's work with stock firmware you need OSF version 1 - for stock display and flash the controller with Javaconfigurator.
In that case you don't need to buy a new screen, but....... because the 850C isn't a real stock display of Tsdz2, you can't choose this display inside the java configurator and could have some strange behaviour.

You only need another display if you are not satisfied with what you have.
With Vlcd5, Vlcd6 and XH18 there are no problems with OSF

If you want the same options as the right picture from before, you need to buy an original Bafang display and flash that with OSF.
Everything for that you can find in the wiki. Don't try to flash your 850C, because it will brick.

hi i got my motor and 850c dsiplay from pswpower (https://pswpower.com/products/europe-or-china-stock-48v-500w-or-750w-42t-vlcd5-tsdz2-electric-bicycle-mid-motor-with-torque-sensor-throttle-e-brake-lever-88)

how can i tell which version of 850c i got?

O7GtjhI.jpg

nastslay said:
hi i got my motor and 850c dsiplay from pswpower (https://pswpower.com/products/europe-or-china-stock-48v-500w-or-750w-42t-vlcd5-tsdz2-electric-bicycle-mid-motor-with-torque-sensor-throttle-e-brake-lever-88)

how can i tell which version of 850c i got?
Because you bought the complete kit, it is a stock Tsdz2 version

Back