Odometer reading is not saving after shutoff.

bpratl

10 mW
My TSDZ2 860C with V20.1.3 is working great without any problems except that the odometer
does not save the current new reading when shut off. On a long ride the trip & odometer read correctly
while riding, but resets to the original reading before the ride, after shutting off the battery. Disable/Enable "Auto Reset"
does not seem to have any effect.

Just an idea, based on my experience with a 750C display. My understanding is the 750 has an internal battery whose job is to maintain time (for sure), and possibly hold some settings (guessing). Due to the fact the display is shut off during a charge cycle, this display battery struggles to maintain a charge even in the best of times. The cure, if you want your 750 to maintain the correct time, is to leave the display turned on during charge cycles. Maybe worth a try on your 850?

Are you turning the display off first, and giving it a moment to update the ODO value before you turn the battery off?

The values are stored in EEPROM from memory, so nothing to do with a battery, but do need to be updated to that memory location before the display loses power.

Back