OSF v20.1C.4-860C SOC% changed overnight

TAPnAR

10 mW
First off I would like to thank you to everyone that has taken the time to create such a great program. I love it and have been using it for a year now. It has given my Girlfriend the confidence to ride farther knowing she can always make it back home.

I hope this does not come across as a complaint. I am just wondering why something would change so drastically overnight.

My setup is TSDZ2 750w with the current OSF from Mbrusa "v20.1C.4-860C"

My battery is 14s 20ah

I charged the battery to 58.4 volts before heading out on a 40 mile ride.
When I got back my SOC% was showing 57% and Voltage 52.6. I played around with it changing back and forth between % and volts to make sure I had good data. This morning I got up turned on the bike, the voltage had risen slightly to 53 volts, but the SOC percent fell to 29%. The bike was powered off overnight, and sits in a climate controlled environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was currently using the previous version from v20.1C.3-NEW. The only reason I changed was the voltage was 1.3 volts off. The old version worked flawlessly for me over the past 700 miles.

Thank you,
Todd

TAPnAR said:
When I got back my SOC% was showing 57% and Voltage 52.6. .....

....The only reason I changed was the voltage was 1.3 volts off.
Imho this has something to do with the Mile conversion
57mile = 92km

1.3V ??? I hope that you mean 3.1V cutoff

Elinx said:
TAPnAR said:
When I got back my SOC% was showing 57% and Voltage 52.6. .....
Imho this has something to do with the Mile conversion
57mile = 92km

I tried switching to KM, but it did not seem to make a difference. I am just puzzled why it would change overnight. I had powered the unit off when I finished my ride. Put my bike inside then powered up again and all seemed good to get the numbers. Then this morning it had changed the SOC% so drastically, but the voltage went up so slightly. Not a big deal, just wanting to make sure I did not miss something in the settings.

No the voltage reading on the SOC was off by 1.3 volts. It was reading 1.3 volts to high. I have voltage cutoff set at 3.4 volts per cell. I have max current set at 350W. Normally it is running around 200-250. I live in a pretty hilly area in USA (Arkansas)

Thank you for the reply. I am fairly new to Ebikes. I am really enjoying it a lot though.

TAPnAR said:
First off I would like to thank you to everyone that has taken the time to create such a great program. I love it and have been using it for a year now. It has given my Girlfriend the confidence to ride farther knowing she can always make it back home.

I hope this does not come across as a complaint. I am just wondering why something would change so drastically overnight.

My setup is TSDZ2 750w with the current OSF from Mbrusa "v20.1C.4-860C"

My battery is 14s 20ah

When I got back my SOC% was showing 57% and Voltage 52.6. I played around with it changing back and forth between % and volts to make sure I had good data. This morning I got up turned on the bike, the voltage had risen slightly to 53 volts, but the SOC percent fell to 29%. The bike was powered off overnight, and sits in a climate controlled environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I was currently using the previous version from v20.1C.3-NEW. The only reason I changed was the voltage was 1.3 volts off. The old version worked flawlessly for me over the past 700 miles.

Thank you,
Todd
Reporting a problem isn't a complaint, it's an aid to firmware improvement, and if done politely it's always appreciated.
This problem is strange.
It definitely can't be changed overnight.
It may have happened when you played with Soc% and volts, or when you shut down.
Don't you remember what exactly you did?
To understand the cause, one should be able to repeat it.
In the "SOC" menu how did you set the "Calculation" item?

mbrusa said:
Reporting a problem isn't a complaint, it's an aid to firmware improvement, and if done politely it's always appreciated.
This problem is strange.
It definitely can't be changed overnight.
It may have happened when you played with Soc% and volts, or when you shut down.
Don't you remember what exactly you did?
To understand the cause, one should be able to repeat it.
In the "SOC" menu how did you set the "Calculation" item?

My settings are as follows:

Text Volts (This is the only thing I changed, from Volts to Watts and back)
Calculation Wh
Reset at Voltage 58.4
Battery Total Wh 1040
Used Wh 748.8 What it is currently showing, (did not get this number before it reset it self) thinking around 450
Manual Reset no
Auto Reset % 15%

I did not change any other settings. I did power it off after ride and powered it back on after I put bike back indoors. I did take note of Voltage before turning off after ride and it was 52.6 and had 5 green bars on the SOC graph. After I got inside I powered it back on went to SOC menu and changed the text from Volts to SOC % to see what that number was. It showed 5 green bars and 57%. Right now it Shows 29% 2 Orange bars and the battery voltage is at 52.8 volts.

Hope this helps, the later version never did this. It was always consistent with what ever it was the day before. The only reason I switched to the newer version was to have a more accurate battery voltage displayed.

BTW, My Girlfriends bike is still using the v20.1C.3-NEW Version and she has a 48 Volt battery and it is right on the battery voltage displayed on her 860C.

I monitor my battery voltage as I ride to ensure I never get close to minimum voltage (47) that I have set as cutoff voltage for my 52 volt system.

Thank you for all of your help!!! And for taking the time to answer questions.

Todd

I have not found any reason justifying the SOC% variation.
I recommend you set SOC-> Calculation to "auto".
If the SOC% and voltage values are inconsistent at power-up, a self-calibration is performed.
After a few seconds at 29%, it would return to 57%.
To get a fairly accurate value, "Battery total Wh" must be set with the actual capacity, not the nominal capacity.

mbrusa said:
I have not found any reason justifying the SOC% variation.
I recommend you set SOC-> Calculation to "auto".
If the SOC% and voltage values are inconsistent at power-up, a self-calibration is performed.
After a few seconds at 29%, it would return to 57%.
To get a fairly accurate value, "Battery total Wh" must be set with the actual capacity, not the nominal capacity.

Thank you, I will try those things and post the results.

Todd

Back