tsdz2 vlcd6 thread

pxl666

1 kW
hey
i have same settings on xh18 and vlcd6 (factory displays) and xh18 is showing voltage at motor startup and vlcd6 does not ...
i'am doing something wrong ??
right display is of course selected

CN27AZE.jpg

okay . is counting wh and soc% working ? can anyone confirm? I did some km today and 0 wh consumed

hey .is this vlcd6 only problem that wh measure and soc estimation is resetting with every display turn off ?

I do not understand the question.
In the latest version, setting "SOC% calculation" to "auto",
the automatic reset at power on occurs when the soc% calculated with Wh consumed is different from that calculated with the voltage (over +/- 15%), it is useful when you put a battery that is not fully charged.
Is this what you wanted to know?

mbrusa said:
I do not understand the question.
In the latest version, setting "SOC% calculation" to "auto",
the automatic reset at power on occurs when the soc% calculated with Wh consumed is different from that calculated with the voltage (over +/- 15%), it is useful when you put a battery that is not fully charged.
Is this what you wanted to know?

hey
i flashed with 100% baterry , selected 100% battery , then went to a trip , after few kms it shows 98% soc and 5wh used , okay.
the bike waited for a while when i was at friends place . after about two hrs i turned it on and display shows 99%soc and 0wh used

also how to soften the start ?at full power selected when i gently move cranks (without even pushing) motor starts with power enough to make cassette loud hitting noise . it feels like it reacts only on movement and not pressure

Attachments

• -3168856180166539615.jpg
    -3168856180166539615.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,015
  • -3168856180166539616.jpg
    -3168856180166539616.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 1,015
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,015
pxl666 said:
hey
also how to soften the start ?at full power selected when i gently move cranks (without even pushing) motor starts with power enough to make cassette loud hitting noise . it feels like it reacts only on movement and not pressure

@mbrusa has probably more details on more of your settings, but looking at your setting screenshot, I notice already a very low torquesensor range:
pedal torque ADC offset no weight: 208 and p.t. ADC max: 260 - that is a range of only 52!
On top of that the "pedal torque ADC offset no weight" might fluktuate quite a bit depending on the pedal orientation, due to "wobble" of the sensor coils. That makes the real available range for torque response even smaller.
I had a similar problem and to identify, I measured the pedal torque ADC offset no weight value at multiple pedal orientations (i.e. from 1 oclock to 12 oclock position): I had a range of almost 20 for the pedal torque ADC offset no weight!
That also means that depending on the pedal orientation, the sensor measures even w/o weight an elevated value - and the motor begins to push as soon as you rotate the pedals.
My fix was a hardware sensor calibration and making sure that the 3 little coils are properly seated, so there is minimal wobble betwen the 2 coils of the sensor.

endlessolli said:
pxl666 said:
hey

@mbrusa has probably more details on more of your settings, but looking at your setting screenshot, I notice already a very low torquesensor range:
pedal torque ADC offset no weight: 208 and p.t. ADC max: 260 - that is a range of only 52!
On top of that the "pedal torque ADC offset no weight" might fluktuate quite a bit depending on the pedal orientation, due to "wobble" of the sensor coils. That makes the real available range for torque response even smaller.
I had a similar problem and to identify, I measured the pedal torque ADC offset no weight value at multiple pedal orientations (i.e. from 1 oclock to 12 oclock position): I had a range of almost 20 for the pedal torque ADC offset no weight!
That also means that depending on the pedal orientation, the sensor measures even w/o weight an elevated value - and the motor begins to push as soon as you rotate the pedals.
My fix was a hardware sensor calibration and making sure that the 3 little coils are properly seated, so there is minimal wobble betwen the 2 coils of the sensor.
thank you sir - i will investigate that!

pxl666 said:
hey
i flashed with 100% baterry , selected 100% battery , then went to a trip , after few kms it shows 98% soc and 5wh used , okay.
the bike waited for a while when i was at friends place . after about two hrs i turned it on and display shows 99%soc and 0wh used
What you have found is normal, if the voltage is greater than "Reset SOC percentage (V)", when you turn it on you have the reset to 99.9 and the reset of the Wh used. Consider increasing this value a little.
Battery capacity (Wh) = 976, is it nominal?
If so, it will be necessary to check the actual capacity, set "Battery capacity calibration (%) to at least 90.
Starting from a standstill at maximum power always gives a blow to the transmission.
A limited torque sensor range accentuates this.
There are adjustment possibilities, but important info is missing.
What driving mode are you using?

power mode as of now
and the power surge happens even during ride , mostly when shifting . there is no way to set controller to slowly increase current even for 2 seconds for example ?

Attachments

• 2022-06-28_091618.png
    2022-06-28_091618.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 999
I thought you were using hybrid mode.
Power mode with Startup boost disabled, it is a light configuration.
However, you have a parameter that is not good, a positive value of "Pedal torque adc angle adjustment" increases the amplification with little thrust and decreases it with a lot of thrust, you need the opposite.
Try setting it to -20.
Also try to set "Pedal torque adc offset adjustment" to +14 and see the difference, then try intermediate values.

please explain what this exactly does - when i fully charge the battery i set here 100% and flash FW ? this value feeds the controller with the info that the battery is full in terms of wh ?

dQ37E2Y.jpg

This parameter represents the actually usable percentage of the battery capacity.
Copy and paste from the manual:

- Battery capacity calibration (%)
Parameter for setting the actual battery capacity.
Calibration procedure: With the battery fully charged, check the percentage on the display, it must be 99.9%.
At this point, use the bike until the battery is completely exhausted.
Check the residual percentage and calculate the effective percentage value (100 - residual value). Set the
parameter with this value. Example, final residual percentage 8%, effective capacity 92% (100 - 8).

In your case, if 976 Wh is the nominal capacity (nameplate data), the actual capacity will likely be 90%, i.e. 878 Wh.
Also note that effective capacity decreases as the battery ages.

mbrusa said:
I thought you were using hybrid mode.
Power mode with Startup boost disabled, it is a light configuration.
However, you have a parameter that is not good, a positive value of "Pedal torque adc angle adjustment" increases the amplification with little thrust and decreases it with a lot of thrust, you need the opposite.
Try setting it to -20.
Also try to set "Pedal torque adc offset adjustment" to +14 and see the difference, then try intermediate values.
oh yes .this seems to do the trick

mbrusa said:
This parameter represents the actually usable percentage of the battery capacity.
Copy and paste from the manual:

- Battery capacity calibration (%)
Parameter for setting the actual battery capacity.
Calibration procedure: With the battery fully charged, check the percentage on the display, it must be 99.9%.
At this point, use the bike until the battery is completely exhausted.
Check the residual percentage and calculate the effective percentage value (100 - residual value). Set the
parameter with this value. Example, final residual percentage 8%, effective capacity 92% (100 - 8).

In your case, if 976 Wh is the nominal capacity (nameplate data), the actual capacity will likely be 90%, i.e. 878 Wh.
Also note that effective capacity decreases as the battery ages.

okay
if i have MEASURED battery that gives 888wh before bms cut off - i put that value with 100% efficiency ? seems logical to me ?

hey
is this planned that when i wanted to check battery for wh measured with osf and wanted to deplete it completely , after i passed 40v controller did not cut off power but decreased it approximately to 60w ?

hey
installed temp sensor today. I have set limit with 75 and cut off with 85 . however I run for a test drive and after reaching 75 and above I didn't feel significant power loss . I thought osf will cut my power to 200 250w . anyone dares to explain how it works?

is this option mandatory to check for temp limit to work ?

Screenshot of tsdz2 vlcd6 thread - Endless Sphere.jpg

Back