Front ring mudguard

Dragos

1 mW
Hi,

I have a TSDZ2 mounted on my MTB, with a chainring from eco-cycles, with a good chain line.

The problem is that - somehow - I get a small stone in between the chainring and the TSDZ2 housing and (most of the time) it is stubborn and does not get out (it just rolls in the spot where the small pinion gear is on the motor cover).

There is allot a noise (very annoying) and I guess .. the motor cover will wear out eventually.

Because of the shape/space involved it is very hard to get the small stone out.
I need to incline the bicycle on the right side, rotate the chainring in reverse with my hand and I get the stone out this way.

Any idea if there is a chainring mud guard or something like that? I do not care about the mud that comes with the chain (if rubbed against/or very close of the back wheel) .. but seem like the front wheel is throwing allot of small stones that eventually make room into between the chainring and the motor housing. On every ride :( !!

amberwolf said:
Sounds like you need a front fender and "mudflap" on it's lower back end.

Don't think I can mount a front fender that will cover the front wheel well and not break (at least I don't know of any).
I use my bike in the mountain trips, muddy terrain, stone paths, forest :D ...

biciclea.jpg

:mrgreen:

google >> mudhugger / sks mudrocker
and see for yself

and if you do serius mtb consider replacing front ring to 34 / 36 narrow-wide

Back