Bafang M400 external controller

88nightrider

1 µW
Hello all.
I have a fatbike/snowbike with a Bafang M400 G330.250.
26" tires 4,8" wide. Running only 15 PSI.
The controller is damaged.
Bought the bike used with these problems.

Some of the problems are: Walk mode does not work (can activate, and the display says 2,5km/h while standing still), does not deliver max power, delivers "all" of its power no matter how hard I peddal and pulls for about 1 second after I stop peddaling.

Our theory is that the controller was owerloaded. Quite a bit more load on the engine with these tires...

So my question is: What external controller would work to set up for this engine?
Preferably with torque sensor connection.

Thank you
- Yngve

I'll reuse this thread instead of creating a new one.

Does someone know what that thingie is with the dots, between the on/off switch and the display?

Thank you.

Bafang.M400.console.png

---
Edit : Got a reply from the bike manufacturer. The bike has an Enviolo electronic "derailleur" :

"The Automatic system provides automatic shifting for the rider at all times. It can be utilized with either the 3-button option, which makes automatic shifting as simple as pressing a button (2,3,4) to choose your pedal cadence or the grip shifter, which offers both fully automatic and manual shifting options. With the grip shifter the rider has the option to switch between “manual” and “automatic” modes by pressing the “mode” button (6) on the controller housing. The NuVinci Optimized™ internal gear hub can not be shifted completely through the ratio range while stationary. The Automatic system will intelligently wait for pedaling or wheel movement if wide ratio ranges are commanded while stationary."

https://support.enviolo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360011523340-Automatic-Quick-start

Back