troubleshooting about ebike motors

userBike

1 µW
Hello guys. I have seen bike kit's .Unfortunately they are not very clear and do not clearly explain the performance you could get. If I want a bike to travel a daily distance from my house to work of 40 km round trip (unfortunately I live far away) at a decent speed (something like 35 km/h minimum) would I need a 12, 24 or 36 volt motor? 150, 250 or 300 W of power? And for a reasonable daily battery charge, how many amps should I have?

Thank`s a lot.

ebuilder said:
A high power ebike? Low power and low cost? How big a bike? Fat tires? Narrow tires? Moped style?...or my bicycle style you plan to pedal?
Do you have a preference on hub drive versus mid drive?

From there a general recommendation can be made. Type of bike affects power due to weight and tire rolling resistance. Do you have an eye on a particular bike for your build or are you planning to buy an ebike?

@ebuilder more than buying an electric byke, what I want is to buy an installable kit for an electric byke in @commerce.
I have a normal city bike with narrow tires. It´s a rather light bike. What I have seen and what is most available are 24V motors with 300 or 350W. In first case appears : 2750 RPM / 17 A. 350 W motor it´s instead: 2800 RPM / 15.5 A. All I want to know is what speed can I reach in each case and how many kilometers can I travel on a single battery charge.
I would appreciate this info but the site is not clear about it.

Back