Elation crank wanted.

tasbid

1 µW
Hello.
I am after a non-sprocket side crank arm for an Elation electric bike kit. It's the second one that has broken, and now the company no longer exists. If anyone has one or knows where I can get one from, I would greatly appreciate hearing further.
Thanks.

If it is the left (non-drive side) crank with the square taper then you should be able to get one that is a fairly close match to the original from the local bike shop.

jateureka said:
If it is the left (non-drive side) crank with the square taper then you should be able to get one that is a fairly close match to the original from the local bike shop.
That's probably right. However, the original one appears to be offset to match the spacing of the sprocket side crank, so something closer to matching the genuine part would be preferred..

If its a v2 kit the cyclone ones won't work directly.
The elation V2 ones had a big bend in them to clear the motor while using a shorter bottom bracket than the cyclone.

You could use a normal left side one or cyclone if you swap the bottom bracket to a longer offset one so that the left crank clears the back of the motor.

Hi all
I know this thread is long dead but here goes nothing.
I've had a major #¥£% up- and I'm wondering if there are any Aussies out there who can help out.
I was repairing a friends battery on her ebike. Her bike fell over in my shed and...WTF!!!!!
Snapped the LH crank right in half- unbelievable. Firstly these are the poorest quality systems I've ever seen.... And the square taper is 45deg offset to normal cranks, so I can't use a normal crank as a replacement. Arrrrrgh!
I hastily rang a mate who had had an elation kit (he bent his pedalling)and have done a bunch of googling. Just about every hit is how crap these are. No wonder they went out of business.
So I need a non drive side elation v2 crank.
Anyone dropped their bike I the other side? :|
Anyone got a crank or two lying around gathering dust within 2000kms of Hobart!?!
K

Did you end up finding a replacement?

If anyone is after parts or upgrades for an eLation kit, try these. I think they are the same and interchangeable, as their motors were used in eLation kits.
www.cyclone-tw.com/index.html

Back