Which display do you prefer to use with BBSHD?

TPR 1

1 µW
Hey guys Im new on the forum , just want to say hello and thank you to everyone who has posted information on the bafang units .
Ive learnt a lot in the last 6 months about e-bikes thank to this forum and its members.
Ive just recently sold my 2016 Merida Big nine 500 with a 750 w BBS02 /48 volt 11.6 ah shark pack.
Once again thanks to you guys i fitted the kit correctly and it has performed faultlessly for 1500km
In my opinion it has been a reliable, cheap and fun way to commute around town.
ill be purchasing a BBSHD kit soon and another Merida bike and was wondering which display do you guys recommend to use with it and why?
Also the only store I've seen that sells the 52 volt shark packs is luna cycles ,the problem with buying one of those batteries is they won't ship to Australia any ideas as to how i could possibly get one down under?

Thanks in advance
TPR racing

here is photo of my last bike ended up being a neat stealthy build

Attachments

• IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 5,124
I went to the new colour one (the dpc14 I think it's called) that Luna sells when I switched to the HD. I like it more than the 961 that I had previously.

The new display has a lot more battery info but if you run it with a 52v battery it's not too accurate; it can show volts but it tops out at 56volts which is about 80% charge on a 52v battery.

I prefer the C-961, not for any reason to do with the actual display, but because of the design of the remote. The C-961 has a three button remote that is much more durable and far easier to use when on the trail. I ride in PAS all the time and I am constantly changing the setting to match the terrain, it's a lot easier to just stab at 1 of 3 buttons as opposed to 1 of 5. I have also had one 5 button remote come apart on me on the trail......

WoodlandHills said:
I prefer the C-961, not for any reason to do with the actual display, but because of the design of the remote. The C-961 has a three button remote that is much more durable and far easier to use when on the trail. I ride in PAS all the time and I am constantly changing the setting to match the terrain, it's a lot easier to just stab at 1 of 3 buttons as opposed to 1 of 5. I have also had one 5 button remote come apart on me on the trail......

The new colour DPC-14 has 3 buttons too; +/-/power.

I've also always liked the 961 as it's compact but I miss some battery info there. I also find that the button breakout on mine is not so easy to use in heavy winter gloves. There's no problem like that with the new one but the downside is that it does seem a little less robust (unless you hit it with a hammer how could I say for sure though?)

Another advantage the DPC-14 has is that you can set the cut off limit to 99kph - the max on my 961 is 50.

Color TFT-LCD rocks. Sad that the startup password is useless. Still power on.

Just changed to the 14 from the 965. No contest the 14 "rocks". I love the display, its a lot easier to do setups, and the ability to set the wheel size up by inputting the exact circumference of the wheel is very good. I was going to fit a battery voltmeter/amp-meter/Watt-hour meter, but since the 14 has a current/power analogue bar graph available to let me know how heavy I am drawing down power, I don't think that I will bother now with that.
Regards Bob

C965 after DPC-14 bit it in the rain. I don't need color, I need moisture proof.

I've had a 965 the DC-10 and now the colour one ... I do like the voltage display for 52v pack and the power output reading.
What would be spectacular would be a trip power meter... how many watt hours for that trip?....
Sadly I still have to have a watt meter in my pack to figure that out - also amp hours and peak watts etc. The volts on the display read like 1 to 1.5 volts higher than the watt meter.
I am riding a 29'er and set the wheel size accordingly but notice that the trip distance is over a km more than the GPS tells me on my 30.69 km (per GPS) I have reduced the setting for wheel size to 28" but still reading over a bit.

phild said:
What would be spectacular would be a trip power meter... how many watt hours for that trip?....
That would be nice, but I don't believe the data that passes around the bbd kits would be accurate enough to get an accurate Ah or Whrs used. The watts indication on these displays are more of an estimate, than an accurate figure (so I'm told). You are stuck with adding a CA or wattmeter for now I'm afraid, if you want meaninful battery data.

The colour display amps do not match my ca v2.3 with a shunt - they can be 2a difference with the ca showing a higher current. The volts are 0.1 difference too. The ca matches my fluke for volts so I'm inclined to trust it more. The colour display is still the bafang display I prefer.

I use this colour IPS one with some custom spacers I made to flip the bracket around:

28474173890_b5ac63dee6_c.jpg

I like it but haven't tried another display to know the difference!

tomjasz said:
C965 after DPC-14 bit it in the rain. I don't need color, I need moisture proof.
Just got news that Bafang found the problem with the color units that allowed moisture in and have solved the issue. WOOHOO. Looks like I go again...anyone need a C963 for a silly price, new in the box?

Back