Efficiency roll call for Non-Hubmotor drives!

northernmike

10 kW
Guys, the folks in the hubmotor section have a great compilation.

What are you all running?

Same format, if you please:

1. Efficiency (Watts/mile)
2. Speed (mph | kph)
3. Gradient (%)
4. Pedaling effort (none, light, heavy, extreme)
5. Bike Type (roadster, MTB, trike, others)
6. Motor Model
7. Controller Model
8. Battery (Voltage/Capacity/Type)

I know that probably nobody will even see this, but it would be great to know the efficiency of all those non-hub motors out there..

1. Efficiency (Watts/mile) 20-25 kwh/mile
2. Speed (mph | kph) 25-30 mph
3. Gradient (%) flat with occasional small hill
4. Pedaling effort (none, light, heavy, extreme) light to moderate
5. Bike Type (roadster, MTB, trike, others) mtb with road tires
6. Motor Model hxt 100 80 b
7. Controller Model hv110 with extra heat sinks
8. Battery (Voltage/Capacity/Type) 10 cell thundersky 60ah

mechanix said:
1. Efficiency (Watts/mile) 20-25 kwh/mile
2. Speed (mph | kph) 25-30 mph

Damn, what does that thing weigh? Like...a couple dozen tons?

My recumbent is running a Plettenberg 30-8 Terminator motor. I believe it is rated at 80% efficiency.

My best normal riding WH per mile is 13wh per mile at 18 to 20mph on the flat. I have seen 9wh per mile, but that was 15mph on the flat with absolutely no stopping and really pushing for the ultimate distance. So, the 13wh per mile is about the typical best I see. If I throw caution to the wind and just ride my bike up the hills, accellerating as I wish and totally ignoring my efficiency, I average about 22 or 23 wh per mile.

My worst is full throttle. At full throttle 42mph, my WH per mile is a bit over 40.

Matt

yeah the rear of my bike must weigh 60 to 70 pounds, while the front feels like a feather in comparison. My top speed is slightly over 40, but I don't know my watthour per mile at that speed yet, I'm afraid I'll blow something if I hold that speed for long. I have a build thread that I'm planning on updating this weekend If I ever get the time

Joel

ohhhhh, yeah I forgot to mention I was towing my broken down car with two flat tires up a hill into a head wind...

Back