V10 cycloned

Remi812

10 mW
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share my latest creation : a Santa Cruz V10 with the Cyclone kit. It is a mix of both worlds, a high end carbon downhill bike with probably the cheapest eBike kit on the market...But the reason behind this is that I haven't found a better kit that meets my power and noise level requirements. The Tangent kit would sure look better on this bike and be much lighter but I keep watching videos of this kit and the noise bothers me. I'd be curious to test it myself but the price tag and the fact that you need a cycle analyst (old fashioned screen and a bunch of extra cables) stops me from pulling the trigger on that kit.
Anyway so here I am using the 60amp Bluetooth controller which is, I agree, not at the best location under the motor but so far it has worked well for me. I am just being careful when I wash my bike and when I jump over logs.
I am using a 52V pack from Luna cycle (Samsung 30q cells, 15Ah) in my backpack. Going higher in voltage is probably my next upgrade but I want to keep the weight low so I am probably gonna wait a little.
Note that I tried the speed limit mods from that dude :
https://youtu.be/OkN-q_ornuo
And it actually works ! The motor revs higher if you stay wide open on the throttle longer. It is however sometimes shaky in the higher speed range and I am not sure why, the motor might be controlled in a different mode I don't know.
I tried to save some weight as much as I could, I dropped the steel chainrings for heavy duty aluminum from RaceFace and Blackspire and so far no complaint, it does not wear out too fast.
I used the standard mounting brackets, I just added a hose clamp on the frame and an extra bracket to keep it from moving under load (same concept as AFT on the first generation of cyclone)
This bike is a blast, I need to install a GoPro in the back of my backpack to see the face of the hardcore XC bikers out there that I pass when going uphill... :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_1231.JPG
    IMG_1231.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 1,644
  • IMG_1233.JPG
    IMG_1233.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 1,644
Looks great from what I've read the cyclone and the v10 should be a great match. If it were mine i might reconsider the controller positioning. Looks a little bit vulnerable?

Nice bike. I like the v10, but no space in the triangle. What size sprockets did you end up putting on, 44t? I started with small sprockets and then quickly realized the power was more than I needed for climbing. Bigger is better.
Great idea to turn the go-pro around on climbs. I can barely make out the chatter from people I pass, but I do hear a lot of cursing. Hopefully they eventually realize I have some help. I know how pissed I get when people pass me when I'm pedaling.

Sprocket wise : motor 13T to a 46T (the bigger the better if you still want some pedal input)
And then 36T to a 10 speed cassette (11-36)

36T was perfect for a 29er but for a 27.5" I might need a 38T instead.

am using a 52V pack from Luna cycle (Samsung 30q cells, 15Ah) in my backpack. Going higher in voltage is probably my next upgrade but I want to keep the weight low so I am probably gonna wait a little.
Note that I tried the speed limit mods from that dude :
https://youtu.be/OkN-q_ornuo
And it actually works ! The motor revs higher if you stay wide open on the throttle longer. It is however sometimes shaky in the higher speed range and I am not sure why, the motor might be controlled in a different mode I don't know.
I tried to save some weight as much as I could, I dropped the steel chainrings for heavy duty aluminum from RaceFace and Blackspire and so far no complaint, it does not wear out too fast.
I used the standard mounting brackets, I just added a hose clamp on the frame and an extra bracket to keep it from moving under load (same concept as AFT on the first generation of cyclone)

Nice setup, what is the peak power at 52v ? yeah i like how you copied the AFT mount reinforcement have you had any derailments or flex issues ?as i think they also uses thicker mount plates as they run this as 72v 6kw peaks

Sorry Guys, I just realized, the pictures were upside down, I uploaded them from my phone and it looked good, I am not sure what happened.

I haven't ridden the new bike a lot yet but I can tell that the flex is mostly gone when I am standstill and hit the brakes and throw some amps to the motor. I don't feel the need for thicker mount plates in my setup.
Peak power I don't know, I don't use a Cycle analyst, I can pair my phone to the controller and look at the actual amps but I might not see the max because of the refresh rate, the max is not stored either :?
I think my BMS has a 80amp burst limit.

Remi the cyclone 3000w is an awesome setup from what I have been reading.. I'm installing the AFT version of this now hoping to see 5kw peaks.

Back