Chain tensioner with Shimano Nexus 3 and BBSHD

Is there a chain tensioner that is recommended for my setup - Nexus 3 and BBSHD?
I've used the eclypse MT95C but the build quality is poor, and it's too narrow for single speed chains or a seven speed with the KMC pin.

Looking for a good high performance single speed tensioner that just works and I don't have to fiddle too much with it.

I did. However I ride 25-30 miles every day. Chain extends by a little bit and it adds up over miles. Suddenly there’s a chain popping out mid ride. :(

I have had better experience with a tensioner - and am looking for a better component.

I've used one of the Shimano Alfine tensioners with excellent results. They seem to have 2 designs that amount in different ways. Very high quality and reasonably priced.

Sam

I have a Sturmey-Archer tensioner that came with my Alfine 8. They do a series here with similar prices to the Shimano, so far it just works.

http://www.sturmey-archer.com/en/products/chain-tensioners

I've just ordered a chunkier 1/8 chain in the hopes that it will last longer than the 3/32 chains. I'm hoping I'll be able to just add some washers to the tensioner to allow space for the new chain. I've never seen a tensioner thats speced to for a 1/8 chain yet.

Surly Singulator. I have used them for a couple of years with Nexus 3's and BBSHDs and they fit all sizes of chain..... You can set them up to either push the chain against the rear cog or pull it against the cog.

Back