Cycle Analyst on TSDZ2

aja

10 W
I remember coming across a video that had a cycle analyst connected to a TSDZ2 bike but have scrolled my YT history and can't seem to find it.
If anyone knows where this is or has done it themselves then it would be good to hear from them and how they fitted the CA to this motor.

What do you want it to do?

If you just want to monitor current/voltage/watts then just get the SA version of the CA.

If you want to measure speed, make sure you get the version with external wheelsensor.

If you want the CA to control / limit the TSDZ2, then you must have a TSDZ2 that came from the factory fitted with a throttle. If it didn't, then it probably wont' respond to throttle input, which is what the CA uses to control / limit any controller.

amberwolf said:
What do you want it to do?

If you just want to monitor current/voltage/watts then just get the SA version of the CA.

If you want to measure speed, make sure you get the version with external wheelsensor.

If you want the CA to control / limit the TSDZ2, then you must have a TSDZ2 that came from the factory fitted with a throttle. If it didn't, then it probably wont' respond to throttle input, which is what the CA uses to control / limit any controller.

Both amps/voltage/watts and Wh consumed and to measure speed and control/limit the assist and yes my one comes with a throttle. I sent Grin a message and Justin got back to me saying that one could tap into the existing controller shunt or shunt inline with the battery. Having never done this before I can't quite picture this so will look online at CA installs on Bafangs.

So would one have to open up the motor assembly, remove the controller and wire it into there? Do you know which wires from the TSDZ2 controller I would wire into the CA and where I would intercept them? I’ve enclosed a link to the TSDZ2 that shows a disassembly of the TSDZ2. https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B8ZJVw_3ibzkRUVHMy1yaV93TVE

I guess the other option is to get a watt meter to start with so I know what the existing power assist levels are in watts. If I got a CA would I be able to change power levels on the fly like I do at the moment (handlebar controller up/down PAS levels) and would it change the existing TSDZ2 assist levels at all (Eco, Tour, Speed, Turbo)?

Back