The Frey HT1000 - And yes, HT stands for Hardtail! *updated*

Richard N

100 W
It's coming! After some time well spent pestering poor Ivy at Frey, they've given in and the OK has been given to announce the upcoming Frey HT1000!

So far the only two details known are that this bike will feature the Bafang G510 mid mount motor, and a selection of top shelf components. You can probably expect a choice of Magura or Tektro 4 piston brakes, Rockshox suspension forks, and the Reention Dorado battery pack.

I can't say when it'll arrive, because I don't know, but I think it'll be fairly soon

Start working on your wish list sports fans!

I have pictures!

IMG_20180918_112206.jpg

IMG_20180918_112213.jpg

IMG_20180918_112234.jpg

IMG_20180918_112250.jpg

The top chainstay is a little odd looking, and it looks like it's too narrow for a 27.5" x 2.8" rear, but I'm waiting to hear back on that.

A suntor ncx seat post wud be a good option to take the sting out of pot holes on the commute /trail

RobertZielinski85 said:
Hello. where can you buy such a rame?

It comes with the bike.

https://freyebikes.en.alibaba.com/

If I could hack the $2.500 or so I'd go with the suspension on the AM, but maybe I'd need the stainless look of these pictures.

Map Paddy said:
A suntor ncx seat post wud be a good option to take the sting out of pot holes on the commute /trail

I've been thinking about maybe adding a Thudbuster after some time in the saddle, if the semi fat tires don't soak up enough of the rough stuff.

I guess I should move this info over to this thread, and stop hijacking the AM1000 thread.

Pictures of the completed sample bike.

20180930191940.jpg

20180930192054.jpg

20180930192049.jpg

Specs for the pictured bike as per an email exchange with Ivy. Price is less than $2000USD, I don't have the OK to post the actual price.

Bafang G510.1000
48v, 21Ah battery - 78pc 3500mA cells
Rockshox Reba 120mm travel
Shimano DEORE M6000 10 speed gears
Handlebar, Stem & Seatpost - Promax Al alloy
Saddle, SR sport comfortable saddle
TEKTRO HD E725 4-piston Hydraulic disc brakes
Wellgo Al alloy pedals

I've also been told that the wheels will be the same as those used for the AM1000. So that should mean, Novatec hubs, black steel spokes, and double wall al alloy 32H rims.

I'm in the market for something very similar to this to make for a utility all weather commuter, maybe someone can guide me based on my requirements?

What I would like to see..

- Simple frame geometry (will further reduce price)
- Robust OEM rack for panniers and frame fender mounts, ideally with both available to be fitted from factory. Not sure if the seat stay design on this frame will allow?
- Ability to plug in some LED lights, with integration on OEM rear rack.
- All external cable routing, preferably fully sheathed, for easier inspection and servicing (https://lynskeyperformance.com/ridgeline-29-hardtail-mountain-frame/)

Cheers!

Still no 27.5+ bike, the HT1000 won't take a 27.5+ wheel, and it doesn't sound like one that will is being made. Months of waiting for nothing. . .

JWill said:
I'm in the market for something very similar to this to make for a utility all weather commuter, maybe someone can guide me based on my requirements?

Cheers!
Are you in the US? How much do you think something like that might cost - using biktrix as a reference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard N said:
Still no 27.5+ bike, the HT1000 won't take a 27.5+ wheel, and it doesn't sound like one that will is being made. Months of waiting for nothing. . .

What size are you looking for? Med or large ? Does it have to be mountain or can it be a commuter geometry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks almost perfect to me, but probably have to pay 20% VAT and 10% duty for UK.

Anyone in blighty interested in a possible batch of HT1000's?

I ordered mine 150mm yari ,xt group set ,52v 17 amp hr battery , 27.5 2.8 tyre and magura brakes. Cant wait....

Map Paddy said:
I ordered mine 150mm yari ,xt group set ,52v 17 amp hr battery , 27.5 2.8 tyre and magura brakes. Cant wait....

Pretty much the exact config I'd want as well! Would you be willing to share (via PM if necessary) the price you paid/shipping/lead time?

Did they say more about the wheels you get with that 27.5+ tire setup?

Batch of frames is being made lead time is a little longer due to this it should be ready to ship just after xmas from spec previous mentioned it goes up 270 dollars ish which is very good considering upgrade sit just over 2k mark usd ,I have partial confirmation of group shipping but if this falls thru will ship by air to Vancouver even with expensive shipping bike is an absolute bargin imo and Ivy is very helpful and willing to change up most components setting the bike up to your wishes will update but so far my experience is very positive .150mm looks like a beast slightly slacking head angle was even willing to throw it on within a day to mock it up for me to see where do you get that service like

JWill said:

- Simple frame geometry (will further reduce price)
- Robust OEM rack for panniers and frame fender mounts, ideally with both available to be fitted from factory. Not sure if the seat stay design on this frame will allow?
- Ability to plug in some LED lights, with integration on OEM rear rack.
- All external cable routing, preferably fully sheathed, for easier inspection and servicing (https://lynskeyperformance.com/ridgeline-29-hardtail-mountain-frame/)

Cheers!

Buy a bike that you like .. Then install bbshd

Richard N said:

Richard, Ivy confirmed that max tire size for the HT1000 is 27.5x2.8-3.0. I'm naive to the rest of the 27.5+ standard but I'm excited about 27.5x2.8 enough to think harder about this; I'll be using it mostly on-road and have the same wishes about using it for Costco runs that you do. :D

She also mentioned that a rear rack and fenders can be added to the bike; I'll ask for more info on those.

Wow - very nice!

Wanted to mention that I ordered my HT1000 around Christmas. Not sure if it will get out before Chinese New Year but crossing my fingers. It's difficult to manage the ~2 month wait!

Should be able to answer questions once it arrives.

Got our HT1000 last Thursday. The order was processed late but everything after that went quite quickly. It was in customs for about a week and only took 2 weeks after that to reach our residence via the "DDP" shipping option. It came via FedEx.

It was packed quite well, but the derailleur hanger was bent, there were some extras missing, [strike]and they sent the wrong front wheel. The bike isn't usable without the correct front wheel, unfortunately, so I'm a bit stuck.[/strike] EDIT: There were end caps for the hubs that act as spacers that were stuck to the protective packaging. Ivy explained this to me.

I like the look of the blue more in person than I thought I would!

The bike seems huge for a medium. I had hoped that it could fit my 5'4" wife but she can only stand over it in tippy toes. The goal was for each of us to have an e-bike, as similar as possible for maintenance purposes; I wish a Small or Xtra-Small was available.

The rack is very beefy, I'm not sure how I feel about the fenders yet. They're metal so I worry about them being more dangerous if they rub or bend. But I've always had only so-so luck with fenders. The included lights we asked for turn on/off via the Bafang controls and, when not on, the rear light functions as a brake light, which seems super cool.

I think we'll be very happy that we did the Magura MT5e upgrade. We did 27.5x2.8 Rekon +, RockShox Yari and Shimano XT MT8000 drivetrain also. We opted for the 52V 17.5AH battery.

Factory photos:

VbiSz0h.jpg

UIKahyV.jpg

hVfBxky.jpg

My photo of it mostly unboxed:
ZKtV8Sg.jpg

Back