New TSDZ2 750W 48v motor power cuts out intermittently

wesblog

1 mW
I added a new TSDZ2 750W motor with 48v 17ah battery to a bikes direct windsor with carbon fiber fork. I love the build. It is super light weight, powerful, and incognito.

Unfortunately, I am facing a problem that has me going crazy. The motor will stop adding power randomly. Once this issue occurs I cannot find any way to restore power, other than riding for a random period of time and hoping the power comes back.

I've tried swapping batteries, swapping LCD displays, plugging and unplugging the speed sensor, power cycling, pretty much everything I can think of. There is no indication of a problem. LCD turns on, shows full battery and correctly indicates MPH (when the speed sensor is plugged in) but I get no power.

Some people have suggested it may be a problem with the torque sensor, but I can't get the motor to provide power at walking speed using the 6km/h walk mode. And this shouldnt need a torque sensor.

I tried shipping the motor back to the seller, but that would cost me $170.

Does anyone have a recommendation? Is there any solution I may have missed? I'm not using brake sensors so it is a pretty basic build.

3a6DyiX.jpg

4KEg83O.jpg

KzsH08W.jpg

[Possibly SOLVED]

I got a reply from tongsheng support that the speed sensor can scramble the motor if the magnet is too close to the sensor. I had already moved the sensor as far as possible from the magnet. However, this time I took apart the entire sensor so I could move it even farther away.

I had been messing with the speed sensor for weeks, but I figured that couldnt be the issue because it reported the speed correctly, and disconnecting it did not resolve the issue.

After moving the sensor the power came back and stayed on for a 5 minute test ride. I really hope that resolved the problem.

Fingers crossed I make it all the way to work and back tomorrow without an issue.

[NEVERMIND] The motor cut out on me again today and no amount of fiddling with the speed sensor would get it to start providing power again... sigh.

I have exactly the same problem with a recently installed TDZ2 750w 48V. It worked fine for about 50 miles of use and then started cutting off motor after going over bump. If I leave overnight it generally works for a bit next day but cuts out after a few minutes. Checked all connections, replaced with different battery so must be inside motor.
Contacted Ebird, who supplied it but not much help from them.
Any advice would be welcome.

I have a similar problem with an intermittent electrical fault not supplying power to the motor. My father in law has the bike some distance away and I traveled there today to have a look. All worked fine for me so checked all the basics and left. He went out tonight and it failed again. Has just rung me back to say it is now working. He looses walk assist and power to pedals. (we are powering up whilst stationary with no pressure on pedals. Speed sensor is clean and correctly adjusted.) Obviously something is not right, think I need to bring the bike home and break the motor open to check for lose wiring. TSDZ2 350w with 36v 13ah battery VLCD6 display. Would be great to hear any tips or solutions that people stumble across, Martin

You guys should install our OpenSource firmware and motor temperature sensor. I suspect the issue is because the motor is getting to hot and the system simple will not run the motor until it cools down a bit.

Back