Does anyone have info on BBSHD Hall sensor board working voltages or a proper replacement for the TVS diode?

SilvrBLK250

1 µW
I have been working with a company that has reverse engineered a hall effect sensor board I sent them. I recently had them make some boards using the information they gathered from the donor board, but they can not give me the specifications of each component since they would need a full bbshd build to properly test the voltages of the hall effect board and its individual components. I am hoping that someone may have some information from tests that they have done already so I may find the correct replacements for the hall effect board's individual components, ie. working voltage of the board itself, working voltage and clamping voltage of the TVS diode, and specifications on the 5 capacitors found on the board.

Any information that someone can direct me to or knows about would be greatly appreciated. With this information, I am looking at making the hall effect sensor boards more available without having to get a full motor core just to replace the board as I have had to do before. I have already invested $$$$ in having the donor board I sent in mapped out and have files that show the board traces, test points and component placement pads, along with a list of possible replacement components. However, without the ability to send in the entire working motor, I was unable to get specific information about each component for the hall effect board, and the company could only give me General information about possible replacement components. To refine the search for replacement components, I need to either test on my current build and risk damaging my only way to commute to and from work and to run errands, or find someone that may have the information already available to build the 10+ blank boards I have to work with as replacements for the original manufactured boards from Bafang.

Great post. I'm also interested in this info since I managed to ruin my PCB and hall sensors while dismantling my BBSHD core. As far as I know the hall sensors take 5 volts with all controllers Ive used, so I would take it the Bafang controllers send the same voltage.....I could be wrong though.

Thank you for responding. I figure if the hall sensors are getting 5v then that means the entire board is receiving about the same voltage. I will start testing the new boards with a TVS diode rated for this voltage. This information will at least give me a better starting point than just blindly testing different TVS diodes. When I have found a suitable replacement for the original manufactures TVS diode I will post my findings here so that others will know the proper replacement components.

If anyone else has more information, please do not hesitate to share. I will be monitoring this post as I try and figure out the proper replacement components with my testing. I am very hopeful that I will soon have a working prototype replacement hall effect board for those of us who just want to replace the board and not sink $200-250 into a whole new core just to replace the circuit board.

I am looking forward to having many more boards made that will be available to everyone needing just a new hall effect sensor board or board components.

Hi!

Did you manage to find specs on the hall sensors and board?
I am looking for a new board or even sensors, but difficult to find something "out there".

Ørnulf from Oslo Norway

e-eagle said:
Hi!

Did you manage to find specs on the hall sensors and board?
I am looking for a new board or even sensors, but difficult to find something "out there".

Ørnulf from Oslo Norway

Maybe you have something on this page? https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=96492

Back