Biktrix stunner reviews

bigoilbob

100 W
Interested in the step thru with the integral rear hub. No show rooms, so any owner input would be appreciated.

the classic Stunner with rear IGH is a great bike! I've test ridden it at their shop here in Saskatoon, and own its bigger brother the Stunner LT, and have thousands of km on it.

the Stunner is well configured and a nimble little cruiser bike, I really enjoyed riding it... As always you can expect very good service and communications from Biktrix.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions, Cheers!

Thanks Deafcat, and it sure looks good. But I'm concerned with the torque rating of the Sturmey Archer hub as twisted by the (strong) mid drive and hard pedaling. I have asked both Biktrix and Sturmey Archer for the IGH torque rating (input and/or output), and Biktrix for the output mid drive motor torque (I can add the human component myself), and the sprocket teeth. I.e. enough info for me to do the arithmetic and see if it's too close for comfort. So far, nada. If you happen to know of a link with any of this info, would you please steer me to it?

Thanks again, Deafcat...

spinningmagnets, follow your posts and you seem to be the most knowledgeable w.r.t. IGH stuff. Do you have knowledge of actual factory steady use torque rating for the Sturmey Archer's? Lots of good anecdotal stuff here, but the setup I'm researching could twist the SA 5 speed at ~45 ft*lb + whatever my wife's legs would add. There's no reason for SA not to put this value out there. I use a NuVinci 171, with Developers Kit, on 2 apps, and the published, steady state, input torque limit they provided allowed me to design to stay under it.

Thanks for your first response....

Back