rear triangle seat tube

Put a rack on the swingarm, likely you have to build it yourself. Then a simple straight chain to drive the left side.

Grantmac said:
How do you plan to mount both the brake rotor and the sprocket on that drop out width (this is something I'm working on too.

Also if you are planning a jackshaft I'd mount it in that space behind the stub or else possibly on the swingarm pivot if there is clearance to the crank arm. Then your primary chain isn't going around two 90 degree bends.

got a few ideas, right now the strongest is not do the above

dogman dan said:
Put a rack on the swingarm, likely you have to build it yourself. Then a simple straight chain to drive the left side.

could even run it without rear brake if it gets complicated

[youtube]mhGUmSkF5n4[/youtube]

Yep, the width is a problem. That can be solved with custom dropout plates like we do for hub motors, and they have the advantage of custom geometry correction if you like a longer wheelbase or to use a different size of wheel.

MadRhino said:
[youtube]mhGUmSkF5n4[/youtube]

Yep, the width is a problem. That can be solved with custom dropout plates like we do for hub motors, and the have the advantage of custom geometry correction if you like a longer wheelbase or to use a different size of wheel.

yeah it seems if its small enough, it clears the brake calipers

The problem is caliper alignment and getting enough reduction with such a small sprocket. Plus chain lube flying everywhere.

I think with a very small caliper (Hayes Sole is thin on that side) might be possible to squeeze in both, just.
I'm investing using a Centerlock hub with 6 bolt adapter which could mount a Oset sprocket. But until I get all the pieces together I won't know.

Grantmac said:
The problem is caliper alignment and getting enough reduction with such a small sprocket. Plus chain lube flying everywhere.

I think with a very small caliper (Hayes Sole is thin on that side) might be possible to squeeze in both, just.
I'm investing using a Centerlock hub with 6 bolt adapter which could mount a Oset sprocket. But until I get all the pieces together I won't know.

I'm talking to bzwindwalker about the hub fitting on a 135x12 thru axle, haven't gotten an answer yet

Grantmac said:

son of a gun look at what I have found
crewkerz-waw-135mm-disc-rear-hub.jpg

cheapcookie said:
Through axle hubs are many, and 135mm wide had been a standard for a long time. The best are DT Swiss and Sun Ringlé. Better to buy a good one used than new cheap stuff.

MadRhino said:
cheapcookie said:
Through axle hubs are many, and 135mm wide had been a standard for a long time. The best are DT Swiss and Sun Ringlé. Better to buy a good one used than new cheap stuff.

I don't get it, this hub is pretty unique, the spline you see is fixed. Fitted on a 135x12mm tru axle haven't seen that before, unless I am very confused
edit:paul co has one but with threads not splines

Back