MC DONALDS drive thru REFUSE electricbike but accept scootr

Actually I should have said 200 miles of El Paso on I-10. They had wierd regions for who got to build one where, and I built one In Van Horn, 6 in El Paso, 2 in Las Cruces,One in Lordsburg, and remodeld the one in Wilcox. A bunch allready existed of course, and others built since then, the 90's. The best thing about the work was having seveal months off in between jobs, spent skiing in Ruidoso if it was in season. Used to eat breakfast and dinner in that one, and still come home 5 pounds lighter at night. Never ate lunch since it would cost you a run. No supersizing me if I burned about 8000 calories on the black runs.

dude if you get any BS like that from a know-it-all member of staff just do one thing.

ASK THEM TO WRITE IT DOWN.

words are cheap. this makes them think you will complain or sue their ass and they won't want the hassle. its the best was to escalate a confrontation such as this. they will soon realize that what they have said is BS and they will be too scared to commit it to paper. giving you what you want is easier.

today i got a free hamburger and coffee on the train. :D

dogman said:
....spent skiing in Ruidoso......
Despite the proximity, I haven't been skiing in decades.
My knees wouldn't stand up to even the beginners runs anymore, anyway.

90784145v28_240x240_Front.jpg

look familiar?

Sure but I never got to ski that side. That is the view from the Inn side. I used to really love the Bonita side though, there are secret runs there about 20 feet wide that must have been planned to be in the area, but then never got built. Go too far on those ones and you end up at Bonita lake after quite a thrash in the brush. The head ski patroller used to hate me for tracking up out of bounds. I'd say well take my lift ticket, and he'd get madder since I had hiked it and had none.

Actually that's a high telephoto shot from the Eagle Creek area; about halfway around the arc between the Inn and Bonito.

I know the Bonito / Sierra Blanca region well. Have literally spent months camping/ exploring there. There is an ancient aspen tree up there right next to the best raspberry (Actually, I think they are red blackberries) patch in the whole area, near the old Great Western Mine on the ridge between the North Fork and the South Fork of the Bonito where 'Billy the Kid' (or someone pretending to be him about 130 years ago) carved his name:
Wm. Bonney
"the kid'

It was only moderately readable back in the 1960s; Last time I saw it you almost had to know what it said to read it... But it is pretty amazing that any aspen, but especially a carved one, lived that long at all. I used to think that some university or museum should have preserved it somehow.... But it was neat knowing a secret shared by only a very few.

The area between the North Fork and the South Fork is my absolutely favorite place south of the San Juans in Colorado, (which is my favorite place in the world).

Sorry for hijacking the thread Doc.

Next time, you could say you're on a "motor cycle". Just one with pedals attached and one whose motor is electric.

I think you should play a recording of an idling motorcycle through a hidden loudspeaker as you pull up to the window on your e-bike. Even better if you could vary the sound with your throttle position.

-- Joey

In Dallas, with its big hair and big Hummers and trucks, you are lucky if they don't take you out with a rifle. Although Dallas has a remarkably good mass transit system which allows Ebikes, the average driver here is basically driving with manslaughter on his mind....or she's trying to paint her mascara while text messaging at 70MPH on side streets in a Hummer. And with a "W" sticker on her rear window to boot. We are seeing a marked increase here in cyclists of all stripes and the city is not even thinking about bike lanes.

Hey Doc! Maybe this will make your day.
"Neb. woman with hearing disability sues McDonald's"
http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/chi-ap-ne-mcdonaldslawsuit,0,528150.story
OMAHA, Neb. - A hearing-impaired woman has filed a federal lawsuit against a local McDonald's, saying workers there refused to let her order food at the drive-thru window.

Karen Tumeh of Lincoln says they insisted she either order at the electronic speaker along the drive-thru lane or come inside to order.

Tumeh wears a hearing aid but still cannot hear while using the drive-thru ordering box at fast-food restaurants, according to the lawsuit.

At least three times since September 2007 workers at a Lincoln McDonald's refused to let her place her order at the drive-thru window, Tumeh said. In denying her service, McDonald's violated the federal Americans With Disabilities Act, she said.
Tumeh's lawsuit seeks to force McDonald's to make accommodations for hearing-impaired people to order food in restaurant drive-thrus. She also seeks unspecified damages and attorney's fees.

McDonald's corporate headquarters did not immediately return a message seeking comment Tuesday by The Associated Press.

Tumeh is physically capable of walking inside to order, but that's not the point, her attorney, Shirley Ann Mora James, said Tuesday.

"She has children who are autistic, and if they're having difficulties, it would make it problematic for her," Mora James said. "It's not appropriate for a hearing-impaired person to be forced to go inside because of their disability, when ... other drive-thru, fast-food restaurants have a policy to allow deaf and hard-of-hearing people to order at the drive-thru window."

Other McDonald's restaurants in Lincoln have accommodated Tumeh, Mora James said.

"We have attempted to resolve this on many occasions and have unfortunately been unable to resolve this," Mora James said. "So we were forced into litigation."

Wow. That is asinine. Wait, she's nuts, has autistic kids...something wrong in the water where she lives or something. Just wow.

She's not nuts, she's deaf, with kids who are hard to manage. Leaving any kids in a car to go in and get food can be risky.

I think the drive-through is a waste, except for folks with special needs (or eco-transport).

She is nuts if she thinks being able to order from a McDonald's drive through is a constitutional right.

This is like a person with no legs suing because they can't get up the stairs when there is a wheelchair ramp.

Mc donalds cowdray colchester drive thru united kingdom refused to serve through the drive thru my fully insured electric bike by mercedes.The discriminative idiot replied."Ive just spoke to my manager and im not actually allowed to serve you"I stated whys that im fully insured legal road moped.He replied"My manager said im not allowed to serve you.I replied you descriminative stupid C..T.I wonder if they would refuse as im disabled if i went through on a mobility scooter?

A quick google search shows this is simply that company's overall policy at least in the UK, there are several articles about it, so it doesn't have anything to do with what the employees think or want to do--they may or may not want to serve you, but are not allowed to because of company rules; if they want to keep their jobs they have to follow them.

If you want to change the rules, you will need to directly contact the company's corporate headquarters, and/or see a lawyer about a class-action discrimination lawsuit, if such a thing is applicable in this case.

Complaining about the wrong problem, calling people names, in a 14-year-old thread on a random ebike forum is not going to change the company's policy. ;)

amberwolf said:
A quick google search shows this is simply that company's overall policy at least in the UK, there are several articles about it, so it doesn't have anything to do with what the employees think or want to do--they may or may not want to serve you, but are not allowed to because of company rules; if they want to keep their jobs they have to follow them.

If you want to change the rules, you will need to directly contact the company's corporate headquarters, and/or see a lawyer about a class-action discrimination lawsuit, if such a thing is applicable in this case.

Complaining about the wrong problem, calling people names, in a 14-year-old thread on a random ebike forum is not going to change the company's policy. ;)

During the lockdowns, the McDs by my house had a walk up window. That was great for bikes/ebikes. I wish they kept it, but it was in place of one of the two entrances, so aren't possible once they started letting people inside. If McDonalds recognizes that there's a market for it, due to the trend with ebikes, then maybe they'll start building that into their new franchises.

Some of the other fast food places around still haven't opened up for indoor dining, so still have walk up service. I got fish and chips at an H.Salt, last week from the walk up table, but you could only order by phone, no orders at the table. A lot of mom and pop restaurants still only have the walk up/pick up service, so plenty of choices besides McDs.

Note to McDs: I only go to ebike friendly places, when going out to grab food for my wife and I.

I ran into this problem last year during a business trip. I walked from my hotel to a nearby McDonald's to get a burger. The dining room was closed due to Covid and they didn't take walk ups at the drive through. So I found a nearby sandwich shop that wanted my business. It was a healthier meal anyway.

FWIW, it's fairly common that drive-up people at any business are unsure enough of what my large SB Cruiser trike is that in the rare instances I go somewhere that has one but doesn't normally allow bicycles, they serve me anyway. I didn't have many problems with CrazyBike2, either, which is large enough to appear more motorcycle-like. (I don't eat out very often, it's too expensive. But there are other places like pharmacies, etc., that have pickup windows I do have to use more often).

For the ones that won't, I avoid the entire chain, and notify their corporate office via whatever means their website has that this is happening, and that if it is their corporate policy they could have had more business if they didn't have that policy. I almost never get any reply; those I do get are not typically positive or even apologetic.

Their loss, not mine; they are just wasting money and time and resources preparing orders they then have to throw away because they won't let me pay for them and pick them up. A couple of times over the years, as I rode off to find a place that would serve me, the pickup window person would lean out and yell something on the order of "where are you going you have to come in and pay for your stuff!", but I just ignore them since I'm not going to do business with companies like them.

Sometime long ago I did once argue with the pickup window personnel at some fastfood place I don't recall; their sign said "no walkups", but I was riding a more normal bicycle (DayGlo Avenger, I think?) and they refused to let me pay for and pickup my order (that they had already wasted time making) because of that. I asked how I could possibly be considered a walkup when I am not walking, I am riding on wheels, and they got very confused and then very angry and said they only served people in cars. I asked them why they would then not serve people in pickup trucks, SUVs, and motorcycles, ambulances and vans, and they just yelled at me to get the (bleep) out of their driveway (where there were no other customers and had not been for the entire time I had been approaching the business or been there). The place doesn't exist now, and hasn't been there for many years.

amberwolf said:
Sometime long ago I did once argue with the pickup window personnel at some fastfood place I don't recall;

I spent enough time arguing with teenagers when my daughter was that age and the policy isn't something that they have any control over anyway as you said earlier. It is rare that there aren't other choices of restaurants nearby to take your business to. The small mom and pop restaurants were really hurt by the Covid shutdowns and need the money a lot more than McDonald's does. Not that I don't crave some McDonald's french fries every once in a while.

I had exactly the same experience here in the UK, when I asked why he could only answer with your mot in a car, then as he said that a motorbike pulled up to the girl in the next window and he was served without an issue. By that time my patience was a bit thin, so I asked the guy again, whilst pointing out that there was a motorbike literally 6 feet away, his next answer was I'm not serving you because I feel like I'm in danger, he then slammed his little widow on me.

I won in the end though, the guy on the motorbike, saw and heard it all, and took my order and refused to take payment. He then knocked on the guys little window and flashed an I'd of done sort, when I asked what he was doing I pissed myself when he saud, I'm the franchise inspector for mcdonald's... Lol

Back