Eurobike 2013

Miles

100 TW
http://www.i-mtb.com/cube-stereo-140mm-enduro-e-bike-eurobike-2013/

cube_MG_3638-555x370.jpg

[Previously posted: http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=788527#p788527 ]

Hi guys

My time in Friedrichshafen (the Eurobike's town) has been amazing, But I would say that not a lot of of things have impressed me and the feel is that the bike world is year by year increasingly poor in small producers for bikes and even more for electric bikes where Bosch has now finally deleted nearly every variety, the Bosh itself was used in the last years in more frames brand than this year, maybe because not every brand has been ready with the new drive, but the feel is that If every e-bikes use the bosch, only the more competitive brands could last in this "competition" as happens for normal bikes.
This years we had not a stand, because we have not new stuff ready, and the only bike we have with us is the Old MP5 frame prototype (2007) where I'm testing the amazing Shumaker drive with the 3220 motor.
It was a satisfaction, indeed, because during the Show my bike was like a little devil disturber among the big manufacurers, and photographers was often pointing their Cameras to this strange unbranded "tour eiffel" than to Bosch or Yamaha motorized big brand e-bikes...
I rode near all test e-bike leaving my Shumaker driven MP5 at their stand, and usually when I come back, visitors was asking infos about this strange prototype and the producer of the moment was really embarrassed if not mad ..... cool :mrgreen: :D
I've not a lot of pics to show, mostly because I loose the first SD card of my camera :twisted: it was 8 gigs of pictures and movies :twisted: :twisted: But I start to post what I got on the second

Please post ALL of your pictures! even if you thing some of them are not very interesting. Of course you will post your favorites, but we will enjoy seeing them all.

Starting with pictures...
let me know if you want more..... :D

Attachments

• DSCF3326.JPG
    DSCF3326.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 6,692
  • DSCF3290.JPG
    DSCF3290.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 6,692
  • DSCF3258.JPG
    DSCF3258.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 6,692
  • DSCF3286.JPG
    DSCF3286.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 6,692
  • DSCF3265.JPG
    DSCF3265.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 6,692
  • DSCF3276.JPG
    DSCF3276.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 6,692
  • DSCF3272.JPG
    DSCF3272.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 6,692
  • DSCF3279.JPG
    DSCF3279.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 6,692
In a rigourous random order as per Spinning request :wink:

Attachments

• DSCF3314.JPG
    DSCF3314.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 6,681
  • DSCF3313.JPG
    DSCF3313.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 6,681
  • DSCF3275.JPG
    DSCF3275.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 6,681
  • DSCF3270.JPG
    DSCF3270.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 6,681
  • DSCF3292.JPG
    DSCF3292.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 6,681
  • DSCF3269.JPG
    DSCF3269.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 6,681
  • DSCF3266.JPG
    DSCF3266.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 6,681
  • DSCF3259.JPG
    DSCF3259.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 6,681
The Haibike Xduro FS RX 2014 looks pretty darn serious. I'd pick one up for sure. I think chain driven would be less damage/stress than on hub motor and better weight ratio.

@nukezero: It really is a cool looking bike, but for $4,000+ the motor cuts off at 20mph!!! This is an off road bike, it should cut off at a higher speed.

See discussion at:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53092&p=790062&hilit=haibike#p790062

4REEE said:
@nukezero: It really is a cool looking bike, but for $4,000+ the motor cuts off at 20mph!!! This is an off road bike, it should cut off at a higher speed.

See discussion at:

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53092&p=790062&hilit=haibike#p790062

Are you serious?

But on their website, it says this one can do 45kmh or 27mph on 36v.

XDURO FS RS 27.5

http://www.haibike.de/produkte_detail_en,3007,20577,detail.html

I am extremely impressed with the looks and components of this bike. It blows everything else out of the water including the Easy Motion Neo Jumper which is also $4 grand.

4REEE said:
@nukezero:

But on their website, it says this one can do 45kmh or 27mph on 36v.

I hope you're right. I based my statement on specs for the $7,800 model:

http://longislandelectricbikes.com/haibike-xduro-electric-bikes/haibike-xduro-amt-pro

sorry, I answered your question in the other thread as well. The price has nothing to do with top-end speed. The Enduro AMT pro is still listed as 250watt motor on Haibike.

The ONLY bike that is given 350 watt, full suspension, and is specifically listed as 45KMh on their website is the XDURO FS RS 27.5 model. Everything else is written down as 250watt. I am not sure if longisland is selling this particular bike.

But I agree with you, I ain't paying $4-8 grand for a 250 watt motor.

BTW, 20mph is plenty fast for a mountain bike on a mountain trail no?

panurge said:
But I would say that not a lot of of things have impressed me and the feel is that the bike world is year by year increasingly poor in small producers for bikes and even more for electric bikes where Bosch has now finally deleted nearly every variety, the Bosh itself was used in the last years in more frames brand than this year, maybe because not every brand has been ready with the new drive, but the feel is that If every e-bikes use the bosch, only the more competitive brands could last in this "competition" as happens for normal bikes.
Yes, it's a shame that the Bosch drive is so dominant. What was your impression of the new version, Jules? How much drag is there from the internal overdrive for the pedals? Whenever I see a bike with the new version, I can't help recalling this marketing campaign http://www.gotoworkonanegg.co.uk/ :mrgreen:

2004eggonspoon.jpg

I may say that I haven't felt really noticeable drag, using the bike without assistence nor while pedaling reverse .....I rode an Hibike with an old bosch from a visitor to compare it with the new one, and I have to say that feel really similar...I've talked a lot with scott, hibike, ave (the ave R&D manager was really interested on the Astro-bike) and what I've got is that finally the reasons of the new restiling are 2: to make the application of tension system easier for FS bikes, to solve the issues problems that many customers noticed with the old one after some thousend Km of use (or abuse), better, what I got between the lines, is to make the system less expensive and easier for delocated authorized mechanics, on manutention.
The bosch Is a Good system, indeed, but is expensive....and I dont like comformity....I had only a short ride with the yamaha and felt it similar if not even better.....The mid bafang was also present...
For my working projects I've talked a lot with Falco, Samsung, Gates, German-A, Ghebardt and Whipperman.
The Most important thing around the show I think are the new Disc brakes for Road Race bikes, Colnago Had 3 bikes with them (160mm ultegra i think) and I really think the UCI in the next 2 years will approve the system for races....than, all the ProTOur and UCI official race team will use this system....You know, During a race, wheel support have to be standardized.....every Racer must be able to use the wheel of any other....And wheel exchange is not everytime provided by your team....we will see
Of course 27.5 and 29 are the preeminent news for MTB....I think we will see serious champion riders next year, with 27.5 downhill bikes.....

some more pics

Attachments

• DSCF3273.JPG
    DSCF3273.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 6,574
  • DSCF3293.JPG
    DSCF3293.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 6,574
  • DSCF3302.JPG
    DSCF3302.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 6,574
  • DSCF3304.JPG
    DSCF3304.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 6,574
  • DSCF3319.JPG
    DSCF3319.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 6,574
  • DSCF3320.JPG
    DSCF3320.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 6,574
  • DSCF3321.JPG
    DSCF3321.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 6,574
  • DSCF3322.JPG
    DSCF3322.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 6,574
  • DSCF3323.JPG
    DSCF3323.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 6,574
  • DSCF3253.JPG
    DSCF3253.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 6,574
The true pity has been the failed meeting with Crossbreak :cry: Hey Johannes, dont warry, m sure you'll be able to test the Astro soon!!! :mrgreen:

Would be cool to have an Endless-Sphere stiker somewhere next time, I absolutely have to make some! just like the startpage appear

And you? what kind of motors have under all these covers^_^?" to which He responded: "A special industrial motor we mod at our factory"....to which I would respond: "Ah, is it the Cyclone?"...^_^
I expect they get them direct from Headline. At what price? I wonder.

Drool.

There are some very cool ideas I see just rolling through the pics. thanx!

panurge said:
My single pivot near the master of single pivots...
To compare oranges with Orange, the best ride that I've had on a single pivot was a Foes. :wink:

Thanks for all the pics Panurge, greatly appreciated.

MadRhino said:
panurge said:
My single pivot near the master of single pivots...
To compare oranges with Orange, the best ride that I've had on a single pivot was a Foes. :wink:

Thanks for all the pics Panurge, greatly appreciated.

Well you are right, foes are really pieces of art....I had to say "....near one of the single pivot masters"...Although Foes is not exclusively dedited to single pivot like orange and us.... :wink: and, most of the single pivot Foes use a second small link....but I remember some old model with a "pure" single link........

Among the lost pics there was near all the non e-bike world, rose, commencal, transition, spech, nicolai..... all the components and parts.....Hope with the double ISO hub, streeters, fixies, RR and many, many more :evil: but also Pinion (nothing more there), batteries, bafang, all the Zeppelin stands with Asian manufacturers.......movies of tests.... :cry: :cry:

Back