Advice on Sabvoton 72200 controller

the12be

100 W
Hi all I have a new sabvoton 72200 controller but all is not well :?

I have a 72volt lifepo4 battery also new so the volts on it are 80.6v but the controller reads it as 56v

I asked the seller of the controller for advice and they told me this is normal and should just put me low voltage down to 50v and it will work :confused:

so I would like to know if anyone with this controller can help me out ?

I need someone with this controller to send me a picture of there software page and to tell me what battery there using with it i,e voltage and type .

If anyone can help me :bigthumb:

Thanks for reading and helping

sounds like the software is simply not written to display correctly, is probalby just old and they aren't bothering to update it for higher voltage controllers. it probably doesn't write a n actual voltae to the ocntrller, or read one, it probalby just uses a figure representing a reltavie value.

so what they told you to do is probably right; you can easily test it and see if ti works as expected. if not, tell them exactly what was done and happened, and maybe they'll have a bette rsugegestion.

Yes I get what your saying but if someone is selling a 72 volt controller I think It should read the voltage of the battery correctly

50 volt low cut off will kill the cells :cry: otherwise its a guessing game

I just need to show them what should happen rather than what is happening can anyone help ?

No, you don't get what I'm saying. Or else you're not clear on what's displaying the voltage, becuase it sounds like your'e talking about computer-based software, not something on the controller itself, physically.

Based on their reply to you, the controller probably sees everything correctly, but the *software on the computer* does not have the correct lookup tables of data for that controller, so it displays what it does have for the data it gets from the controller.

As I said, you can test and verify this yourself, by seeing what the actual voltage is, using a multimeter, when the controller cuts out on LVC. You don't even ahve to go ride to do it, just set the bike upside down or on a stand, and run it while watching voltage till it drains to cutoff, or to the minimum you think is safe if it doesn't cutoff like it should.

If it cuts off on it's own correctly, then it's just their computer-based software that's not updated enough, and if it doesn't then you'll know they don't know what they're talking about and can go back to them to ask for correct software for that model controller. ;)
(or a refund, or whatever you prefer).

If instead your'e talking about a display *on the controller*, then it could still be the same situation, where it's actually reading it correctly, but has wrong lookup tables, so it just displays the wrong voltage...*that* is something they'd have to replace the controller system to fix (or provide you with the tools and software to reflash the firmware in it to the right stuff).

Yes I did that the motor don't move and this is what I have done

https://youtu.be/QmiaaCPQihI

the low cut off for my battery is 62.5 volt it is a lifepo4 I can't even get the controller to recognise that

does this look ok to you ?

Hey did you ever get your controller going or did you get the “loaner” one from
the folks you bought the Sabvoton from?

From the Video it looks like the Controller is measuring the voltage correctly, you even demonstrated that when you measured the voltage again after connecting the Battery.

So I'd investigate the battery, not the Controller.
I'd like to see you opening that battery up and measuring each cell group under load and no load. It could also be your BMS but I can't be sure.

You shouldn't assume the Controller is faulty, even your voltmeter confirms the huge voltage drop after connecting the battery.

Thanks for all the help the battery is fine it work well with the new controller

The sabvoton controller is faulty and is being returned for a full refund

Back