Where to buy MXUS in EU?

jameswalker

100 mW
Afternoon,

I am after the MXUS V3 in 5T winding, I cannot seem to find anywhere in EU that sells this. They are all 3T.

Does anyone know where I might find one?

If not EU, where is the best source for the 5T globally? I am guessing their popularity has died because this time last year when I was considering it, they were a plenty.

Thanks!

https://www.ebikeparts.at/catalogue/24-mxus-3k-turbo_140

They have stock or backorder every T count motor. You have to write them.

Just to complete this for the next person googling his/her way in here:

There is elfkw.at. They specialized on the smaller MXUS kits with xinfeng motors. xf07, xf08, xf01, xf40, for instance.

I just bought an MXUS 3k 4T direct from MXUS in China.

https://ebikemotor.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-804538057/Most_Powerful_3K_5K_motor_kit.html

Payment was by PayPal. Their Paypal account is mgspc@hotmail.com (sounds dodgy, but is actually legit).

Total cost with shipping to Australia was about AUD$440, and took about 2 weeks to arrive.

I'm happy with the purchase except for one minor detail: the axle width was supposed to be 142mm, but it is actually 138mm. But for me, this is probably not a big deal.

I didn't ask, but I assume they could do whatever wind you want.

Did they fix the side cover yet, that was such a pain

That info is good to know because I forgot how long my order took from MXUS in China. Your Au$ is about the same as CDN$ but your closer to China then Canada is. They have motors probably already built in all kinds of winds that are commonly sold. My last motor was a 4T, but I would have been happy with 5T as I didnt dump too much current into the motor which is what big, fat, short wind wire is meant for in the 3T or 4T.

serious_sam said:

https://ebikemotor.en.alibaba.com/productgrouplist-804538057/Most_Powerful_3K_5K_motor_kit.html

Payment was by PayPal. Their Paypal account is mgspc@hotmail.com (sounds dodgy, but is actually legit).

Total cost with shipping to Australia was about AUD$440, and took about 2 weeks to arrive.

I'm happy with the purchase except for one minor detail: the axle width was supposed to be 142mm, but it is actually 138mm. But for me, this is probably not a big deal.

The brake caliper never fit with the logos, you you need spaces on motor to space disc out

cheeko said:
The brake caliper never fit with the logos, you you need spaces on motor to space disc out

The disc mounting surface is approx 14mm out from the side cover.
My caliper (Zee) extends to approximately 16.5mm inboard from the disc mounting face.
So I think I will have approx 2.5mm (plus the height of the MXUS logos) interference between caliper and motor casing.

My plan is to make a spacer out of 3mm aluminium, and grind the MXUS logos off, so I should end up with approx 0.5mm clearance.

Actually the motor came with a spacer for the disc, but it is made out of plastic... smh.

Interesting. I hadn't heard that regarding the logo.

I placed my order as per the first reply in this thread, still waiting for it.

By how much does the logo stick out? Nothing a file cannot fix?

Thanks

I'd suggest buying directly from mxus CN. Shipping is amazingly cheap and import costs are ok. That way you can specify exactly what you want and skip all logos. You get controllers and accessories on the cheap. Plus they offer all models, including the new GDR19, which most re-seller don't have.

serious_sam said:

Just thought I'd update for people reading this thread in the future.

I opened up my motor to add a vent, statorade, and resealing. And I found that the factory didn't install temperature sensors (they said it would have temp sensors when I was ordering). They just cut off the white wires inside the motor and closed it up. Out of sight, out of mind...

I contacted MXUS about this , and basically got the following response:
- I could fit my own temp sensors if I wanted.
- They told me that I don't need temp sensors.
- Next order they will add sensors.
- When I asked them what they planned on doing to rectify the situation, they stopped replying.

I understand that adding thermistors myself is relatively cheap and easy (even though I will have to redo the wiring harness to get those spare conductors back that they cut short). But it's the principle. When there was a problem with the product that they supplied, they couldn't care less.

Be warned.

serious_sam said:
Just thought I'd update for people reading this thread in the future.

I opened up my motor to add a vent, statorade, and resealing. And I found that the factory didn't install temperature sensors (they said it would have temp sensors when I was ordering). They just cut off the white wires inside the motor and closed it up. Out of sight, out of mind...

I contacted MXUS about this , and basically got the following response:
- I could fit my own temp sensors if I wanted.
- They told me that I don't need temp sensors.
- Next order they will add sensors.
- When I asked them what they planned on doing to rectify the situation, they stopped replying.

I understand that adding thermistors myself is relatively cheap and easy (even though I will have to redo the wiring harness to get those spare conductors back that they cut short). But it's the principle. When there was a problem with the product that they supplied, they couldn't care less.

Be warned.

Same here. Got an MXUS motor without thermistor though it was expected as they did not charge extra for it.

Back